How to Get Rid of Female Orgasmic Disorder
Female Orgasmic Disorder Overview, Cause, Symptoms, Treatment, Medication
A lengthy delay or absence of orgasm following a satisfactory excitatory phase. The GP must take into account the patient's age, previous sexual experience and adequacy of sexual stimulation. This condition must cause a problem in the relationship with the sexual partner in order to be defined as a disorder.
About 10% of women never attain orgasm regardless of stimulation or situation. Most women can attain orgasm with clitoral stimulation, but only about 50% of women regularly attain orgasm during coitus.
Causes of Female Orgasmic Disorder (FOD)
- Emotional trauma or Sexual or Physical Abuse
- Medications, Alcohol and Surgery
- Inadequate Sex
- Pelvic Floor Prolapse
Diagnostic criteria for 302.73 Female Orgasmic Disorder
- Persistent or recurrent delay in, or absence of, orgasm following a normal sexual excitement phase. Women exhibit wide variability in the type or intensity of stimulation that triggers orgasm. The diagnosis of Female Orgasmic Disorder should be based on the clinician's judgment that the woman's orgasmic capacity is less than would be reasonable for her age, sexual experience, and the adequacy of sexual stimulation she receives.
- The disturbance causes marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.
- The orgasmic dysfunction is not better accounted for by another Axis I disorder (except another Sexual Dysfunction) and is not due exclusively to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication) or a general medical condition.
Associated Features with Female Orgasmic Disorder
- Present or Previous Traumatic Experience.
- Poor communication by both partners.
- Possible inadequate genital stimulation.
Treatment of Female Orgasmic Disorder
Typical treatment would involve discovering and resolving underlying conflict or life difficulties. Women with lifelong orgasmic disorder should be referred to a psychiatrist. With any patient, the nonspecialist should limit the number of counseling sessions to about six, referring complex cases to a sex therapist or a psychiatrist.
Facts and Tips about Female Orgasmic Disorder
- Female orgasmic disorder is disorder in which there is delay of orgasm or total absence of orgasm after having a usual sexual excitement stage.
- Female orgasmic disorder may be for life long, acquired or particular to situation.
- Female orgasmic disorder is very common in younger women and may decrease with increase age.
- Emotional trauma such as anxiety, fear, divorce, physical injury or illness, medications and surgery, inadequate Sex or foreplay, pelvic floor prolapse, relationship problems with partner, stress etc. are mainly responsible for female orgasmic disorder.
- Depending on clinical judgment which includes checking of woman's orgasmic capacity according to her age, sexual experience and sexual stimulation diagnosis is done.
Male Orgasmic Disorder
Do you like this Story?
Stay Connected with DG