Aromatherapy Diffuser essential oilTweet
Aromatherapy is a holistic therapy which aims to deal with the patient not only on a physical level, but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually. The essential oils are used to restore equilibrium on all levels and are even used to prevent ill-health and to promote well-being.
What are Aromatherapy Diffuser?
Diffusion is the process of dispersing essential oils so as to fill the room or an area with the natural fragrance and aroma. Numerous different methods exist for diffusing oils into a room. Three easy methods exist which can be done with things you probably already have in your household. In addition, there are numerous diffusers and diffusing devices available for purchase from aromatherapy vendors.
Aromatherapy diffusers and essential oil diffusers come in a vast array of colors, designs and forms. When an aromatherapy diffuser is used in conjunction with the right essential oils, it can offer the user a range of benefits, from assisting in relaxation to bringing about alertness. Diffusers can also help users to sleep better and can assist in lifting the spirit at times of fatigue or depression.
Uses of Aromatherapy Diffuser
Diffusers are an excellent way to create the desired atmosphere, whether to make a room more romantic, relaxing or harmonious, or just to diffuse cigarette smoke or the smell or animals and pets. For the best therapeutic effects from Essential Oils, Aroma therapists recommend using diffusers that use no heat.
An aromatherapy diffuser can help you enjoy the therapeutic qualities of essential oils for hours on end from just a few drops of essential oil. They can be used to spread the aroma of the essential oils in whole area of room where they are placed. Diffusers can be very beneficial since they diffuse around very small amount of oil in wide area. Essential oils are in turn helpful in various terms. Click to learn more on uses of essential oil.
Some household Aromatherapy Diffuser>
Some of the simple methods and techniques which you can use as aromatherapy diffusers and which are available as household items are as follows:
- Simple Tissue Aromatherapy Diffuser
Place 3-4 drops of essential oil on a tissue. Place the tissue near you. As movement occurs in the room (i.e. as you move or as someone walks by), you will notice the aroma.
This method can be used anywhere and is quickly transportable.
This method does not emit much aroma into a room.
- Steam Aromatherapy Diffuser
Boil 2 cups of water. Pour the water into a bowl and add up to 10 drops of oil to the water. Use fewer drops if you are using an oil that may cause irritation e.g. cinnamon, eucalyptus, rosemary, pine, thyme, cajuput, etc. The steam will heat the oils and cause them to evaporate quickly into the room.
This method will quickly diffuse the oils into a room.
The aroma is not exceptionally long-lasting. Additionally, the heat may alter or destroy certain constituents of the oils and thus the therapeutic benefit may not be as optimal as using cold-air diffusion methods.
- Candle Aromatherapy Diffuser
Light a candle and allow it to burn for about 5 minutes. Extinguish the candle, place 1 drop of essential oil in the melted wax (not on the wick!) and then relight the candle. Essential oils are highly flammable, so great care must be used.
This method can be used most anywhere that a candle may be used.
Essential oils are flammable, so great care must be used. The aroma is not long-lasting. The heat may alter or destroy certain constituents of the oils and thus the therapeutic benefit may not be as optimal as using cold-air diffusion methods.
Some other available Aromatherapy Diffuser
- Tea Candle Diffuser: It is a small plate or cup of water containing a few drops of aromatic oil. This is then placed above a tea candle (also known as a tea light). The heat from the candle diffuses the oil’s aroma via steam.
- Car Diffuser: It is more or less like a fan diffuser and plugged into cigarette lighter of your car or truck after adding some essential oil in it.
- Nebulizing Diffuser: Pumps air through glass chamber filled with essential oils (the aroma therapists choice - many sizes to choose from plus programmable timers to save essential oils). This product does not involve the use of heat and come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Necklace Diffuser: These are hand blown glass ceramic vials with sterling silver necklaces containing aromatherapy oils. It can be worn like any other jewellery.
- Fan Diffuser: These are small fans blow air through pad containing essential oils (No Heat). These are usually powered with electricity - either by plugging directly into an electric socket or by using standard batteries.
- Lamp Ring Diffuser: This is a pottery ring placed onto a light bulb. The heat diffuses the essential oils that are contained in this ring out in the room.
- Diffuser Pots: Add essential oils to glazed pot and enjoy aroma for days.
Aromatherapy Basics - Learn about aromatherapy, history and origin of aromatherapy, uses and benefits of aromatherapy & many other information on aromatherapy.
How to use Essential Oils and aromatherapy? There are many ways in which Essential Oil can be used such as inhalation, massage, facial mask, fragrance etc.
Aromatherapy Nebulizer Aromatherapy Nebulizers acts as the best possible form of diffusers for aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy Diffuser Aromatherapy Diffusers are an excellent way to create the desired atmosphere, whether to make a room more romantic, relaxing or harmonious, or just to diffuse cigarette smoke or the smell or animals and pets.
Aromatherapy for Insomnia Know about various essential oils used in treating Insomnia.