Aromatherapy is quite old concept in itself. But the application of aromatherapy is relatively new. It is used as one of the natural therapies for the treatment of depression. A combination relaxants and perfumes are used to soothe the symptoms of dark world of depression. See below how aromatherapy is helpful.
Origin and history of aromatherapy:
The origins of Aromatherapy can be traced through the religious , medical and social practices of all the major civilizations. The term 'Aromatherapie' was first used in 1928 by a French chemist- Rene Maurice Gattefosse to describe the therapeutic action of aromatic plant essences. He was fascinated by the benefits of lavender oil in healing his burned hand without leaving any scars. He started investigating the effect of other essential oils for healing and for their psychotherapeutic benefits.
Top Stories in Aromatherapy
|How to use Essential Oils and aromatherapy? There are many ways in which Essential Oil can be used such as inhalation, massage, facial mask, fragrance etc.||Aromatherapy - an alternative treatment for depression - If you plan to visit a practitioner, it is recommended that you choose one who is licensed by a recognized national organization and who abides by the organization's standards.|
|Aromatherapy for Insomnia Know about various essential oils used in treating Insomnia.||Aromatherapy Basics - Learn about aromatherapy, history and origin of aromatherapy, uses and benefits of aromatherapy & many other information on aromatherapy.|
|Therapeutic Effects of Chamomile essential oil - It fight against depression and helps to relieve anxiety. Chamomile benefits the feeling of sadness, insomnia. Chamomile oil can induce a sort of happy feeling.||Basil oils Uses - Add 5-10 drops of basil oil to your bath water to deter nervous exhaustion, mental fatigue, depression or uneasiness|
More in Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy Basics - Learn about aromatherapy, history and origin of aromatherapy, uses and benefits of aromatherapy & many other information on aromatherapy.
- Learning Aromatherapy Massage - Essential Oils Massage
- What are Essential Oils? How Essential Oils and aromatherapy work? The vital element in any Aromatherapy treatment is the pure essential oil. An essential oil is an aromatic, volatile substance extracted from a single botanical source by distillation
- How to use Essential Oils and aromatherapy? There are many ways in which Essential Oil can be used such as inhalation, massage, facial mask, fragrance etc.
- How to extract essential oil? There are many ways in which essential oils are extracted such as Distillation, pressing, maceration etc.
- Blending of Essential oil and aromatherapy blend. Know about the basics of Aromatherapy Blend, art of aromatherapy blend such as mixing, storing etc.
- Aromatherapy Nebulizer Aromatherapy Nebulizers acts as the best possible form of diffusers for aromatherapy.
- Aromatherapy Diffuser Aromatherapy Diffusers are an excellent way to create the desired atmosphere, whether to make a room more romantic, relaxing or harmonious, or just to diffuse cigarette smoke or the smell or animals and pets.
- Aromatherapy for Insomnia Know about various essential oils used in treating Insomnia.
- Aromatherapy lavender. Lavender is one of the most versatile therapeutic essence.
- Aromatherapy - an alternative treatment for depression
- Clary Sage
Although the term 'Aromatherapy' has been coined only in the twenteeth century, this system of stress and depression and skin treatment has a long and distinguished tradition. even the Bible refers to the use of plants and their oils for the treatment of illness, and it is well known that the Egyptians used essential oils for embalming their dead, and as cosmetics.
Aromatherapy had been around for 6000 years or more. The Greeks, Romans, and ancient Egyptians all used aromatherapy oils. The Egyptian physician Imhotep recommended fragrant oils for bathing, massage, and for embalming their dead nearly 6000 years ago.
Today there is a world wide revival in the art of aromatherapy and contemporary research in beginning to understand the scientific foundations of oils properties and applications, discovered by trail and error over thousands of years.
What is aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy consists of the use of pure essential oils obtained from a wide assortment of plants, which have been steam distilled or cold-pressed from flowers, fruit, bark and roots. Aromatherapy is the use of pure essential and absolute oils. Aromatherapy is the science and art of using the volatile, non-oily essences of plants in healing. The appropriate oils can have powerful results, both on the body and the spirit.
What are the Uses and benefits of aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is one of the fastest growing fields in alternative medicine.
Stress, pollution, unhealthy diet, hectic but sedentary life styles - all these factors have adverse effects on our bodies and spirits. The art of Aromatherapy harnesses the potent pure essences of aromatic plants, flowers and resins, to work on the most powerful of senses - smell and touch - to restore the harmony of body and mind. The value of natural plant and oil has been recognized for their healing, cleansing, preservative and mood enhancing properties, as well as for the sheer pleasure of their fragrances.
The healing power of essential oils is the main attraction in aromatherapy. It is also the main question for the skeptic. There is very little evidence for all the claims made by aromatherapists regarding the various healing properties of oils. The use of aromatherapy can be seen as part of a lifestyle choice -- a lifestyle that allows for pleasure because a moment of pleasure is healing.
It is widely used at home, clinics and hospitals for a variety of applications such as pain relief for women in labor pain, relieving pain caused by the side effects of the chemotherapy undergone by the cancer patients, and rehabilitation of cardiac patients.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression