Support for Cancer Patients is Available and it is Effective
Cancer is a disease which is often scary, life threatening and often causes people to become anxious. People if diagnosed with cancer often need assistance and support from all sorts of support groups including family and neighbors.
There are many Cancer Support helplines available which has licensed counselors to provide guidance, resources and support to callers with a variety of needs from getting information about cancer, identifying a local support group or just finding someone who is willing to listen.
Additional Cancer Support Helpline Services
- Connecting callers to local or national resources, including support groups, transportation services and other programs
- Short-term cancer counseling and emotional assistance
- Treatment decision planning
- Financial counseling regarding the costs of cancer and its treatments
- Specialized information on genetic counseling and pediatric oncology
- Access to an online distress screening program, CancerSupportSource
- General information about the Cancer Support Community
Most Cancer Council support services are provided at a local level in each and every country and state. Each state and territory Cancer Council offers a range of patient support facilities. They provide services such as:
- counseling services
- support groups and networks
- education groups, programs and information
- practical assistance
When you need assistance or advice on cancer-related topics, many organizations will offer their expertise at no charge.