Cerebral palsy is one type of brain disorder. Cerebral palsy is a group of neurological disorders. It is a lifetime situation that affects the contact between the brain and the muscles. Cerebral palsy is caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain. Cerebral palsy is situations that have an effect on muscle control.
Types of Cerebral palsy
There are several types of cerebral palsy accourding to movement disorder;
- Spastic cerebral palsy - It is very common type of cerebral palsy. Spastic cerebral palsy is consists of rigid and erratic behaviors.
- Athetoid cerebral palsy - Damage of cerebellum is the main cause of Athetoid cerebral palsy. It consist of spontaneous meaningless movements of face, arm and trunk. During period of emotional stress these movements are increased.
- Ataxic cerebral palsy - This is very rare type of cerebral palsy which are affect on brain stability. Low muscle quality and reduced skill of activities is express as ataxic cerebral palsy. Children with ataxic cerebral palsy appear very shaky and unstable.
- Mixed cerebral palsy - This type of cerebral palsy is combination of other type of cerebral palsy which is consist of high as well as low muscle quality.
What are the causes of Cerebral palsy
- Premature birth, Multiple births are main causes of cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral palsy is also due to head injury and brain infections.
- Genetic conditions about providing blood into the brain are also reason of cerebral palsy.
- Disturbance during birth time is also reason of cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral palsy is also caused by infections of central nervous system.
- Congenital malformations in heart, kidney or spine are as well reason of cerebral palsy.
- In case of of diet, cerebral palsy is caused by lack of nutrition.
- Chromosome abnormility is one of the important cause of cerebral palsy.
- Rh disease and congenital rubella syndrome are as well reason of cerebral palsy.
Signs of Cerebral palsy
- Deformities of joints and bones
- Stiffy body
- Problems in speech
- Learning disability
- attention deficiency
- Eating problem
- Disorder in behaviour
- Mental retardation
- Leg dragging
Diagnosis of Cerebral palsy
- Physical examination and history of patient are palys an important role in diagnosis of cerebral palsy.
- CT scan and MRI scan of brain and spinal cord are essential for detect cerebral palsy.
- Medical problem details of mother's and father's are also diagnosed cerebral palsy.
- Ultrasound therapy of brain is also used for tested cerebral palsy.
- Various blood and urine tests are also helpful in diagnosis of this type of palsy.
Treatment for Cerebral palsy
- The parents and care of child are important factors in case of cerebral palsy treatment.
- Cerebral palsy can not cure perfectly but you can improve behaviour of your children.
- There are some therapies such as massage therapy, physical therapy, oxygen therapy and speech therapy which includes in treatment of of cerebral palsy.
- There are different equipments are available in cerebral therapy for treatment of cerebral palsy.
- Some oral drugs such as Botox are also available for treatment of cerebral palsy.