Optic Neuritis is consisting irritation or swelling of optic nerve which is transfer visual information to your brain. It may be causes loss of vision. That's why regular eye examination is very important for every person. It is very typical reason of visual loss.
Causes of Optic Neuritis
There are various causes of Optic Neuritis disease;
- Viral or bacterial infection may be cause of Optic Neuritis.
- Optic neuritis is also caused by autoimmune disorders.
- Irritated cranial arteries may be main cause of optic neuritis.
- Taking antitubercular drug is also responsible for Optic Neuritis.
- Optic Neuritis is as well caused by swelling of vasculitis of eyes.
- One more cause of optic neuritis may be multiple sclerosis disease.
What are the symptoms of Optic Neuritis?
- Mostly, pain occurs behind the eyes in symptoms of Optic Neuritis.
- Difficulty in vision or faint vision is one more symptom of Optic Neuritis.
- Other sign of optic neuritis can be reduced color vision.
- Tiredness is also symptom of optic neuritis.
Diagnosis of Optic Neuritis
Ophthalmologist is play an important role in diagnosis of Optic Neuritis;
- Medical eye examination is basic test for detecting Optic Neuritis.
- Diagnosis Optic Neuritis is also carried out by color vision test.
- MRI scan is as well essential for diagnosis of Optic Neuritis.
- Sometimes, optic neuritis is also tested by some blood tests like ESR test.
Treatment for Optic Neuritis
Medical care and consultation of ophthalmologist as well as neurologist are very important points in treatment of optic neuritis;
- Immunosuppressive therapy is very essential in treatment of Optic Neuritis.
- Complete intravenous treatment through corticosteroids, which may go faster the curing optic nerve, it is frequently optional treatment of optic neuritis.
- In treatment of optic neuritis, Steroid treatment is also useful.
- Vision recovery is very important in treatment of Optic Neuritis.
- Treatment of optic neuritis is also carried out by preventing multiple sclerosis.
Medical tip about Optic Neuritis
Any eye problem can be dangerous, since some harms of eye can lose your vision of eye. Therefore, get in touch with your doctor under some eye conditions such as eye pain, numbness of eyes, changing vision condition.