Depression Articles - Tips on Overcoming DepressionTweet
There are some symptoms and signs of depression which gives you no option of discussion with others and find out what is wrong with the way your mind is controlling your body and routine. Follow through the different articles on depression and see if this can help you overcome the darkness of depression.
Why to overcome depression?
Depression is sadness, pessimism, personal problems, and perhaps feeling sorry for one's own self. It has anguish, crying, bothering and hopelessness. Activities and social contacts seems so huge of a task because of loss of pleasure in and enthusiasm for their usual activities. Low energy, chronic tiredness, excessive sleeping, and insomnia are common.
Top Stories in Depression Articles
|How to Beat the Winter Blues - In the winters, when the season is cold and gloomy, with little of sunlight available, there are chances of catching the mild depression along with common cold.||5 Ways to Relieve Stress - If your hectic lifestyle has got you down, Try these stress-busters to improve your mood and bringing your life into balance.|
|Start Sleeping Without Prescription Sleep Pills - A simple, consistent and relaxing routine before bed helps prepare your body for sleep such as soaking in a hot bath, get sound and deep sleep or remain asleep.||How to Improve Your Self-Esteem - Are you ready to make a commitment to increase your self-esteem? Overcome negative self-talk and a poor self-image.|
|Recession and Unemployment - These factors are causing people to deal with a number of difficult problems with regards to getting different plans to work.||Influence of our thought in depressive illness - When you are in a really down mood, the negative thoughts just keep firing one after another. Thoughts have got immense power. Thought power is the key to creating reality.|
More in Depression Articles
There is no dearth of symptoms of depression, the list can keep on growing. Other symtoms can be poor appetite, heavy eating, weight loss or gain, feelings of inadequacy or worthlessness, anxiety, regrets, decreased productivity, poor concentration, or recurrent thoughts of death or suicide. The very own social animal definition of humans beings is at loss in case of depression.
Depression is one of the worst mental illnesses one can take or experience. Depression is something which can run in families. It usually starts between 15 and 30 and women are the most affected people. Depression is one pole of the bipolar disorder.
Overcoming from Depression effectively
There are many effective ways to overcome depression. With enough work and effort, you can change habitual thoughts and feelings.
- If you are on any medicines, check with doctor to ensure any of the medicine is the reason of depression. Changing your prescribed medications may be all you have to do to eliminate depression.
- Talk, talk and talk. Share it with whoever you can share it with. Keeping these issues and feelings inside may make them grow and get worse over time. Friends and family comes in handy at the time of need.
- Take the fresh beat of air and natural smell. The fresh air, the sounds of the birds, the trees, creates the sense of beautiful life in us. Natural beauty will make you instantly feeling better.
- Move your body and do some activities regularly.
- Talk to God and share your thooughts with him.
- Vent off your feeling and emotions Pour your heart out, and let all your emotions out.
Step by step overcome depression
First and foremost, recognize that you are depressed and accept that now you need help. Help can be from professional practising psychologists or psychiatrists.
Finding the suiting medical person for helping you. Depression can lead to suicide, since the things are serious, do not wait until it is too late. It is better to be safe than never. Find a doctor who is highly informative and knows all the latest medical advancements. You could even talk to your MD
Now select the medicine along with your doctor and stick to the planned medicine dosage and frequency. Every person is different and needs to be treated according to their own situation. Doctors do not know everything all the time.
Exercising is a great tool since it makes you feel good mentally and brings positive physical changes in your body. Exercising clears the mind, and soothes the soul.
Statistics about depression and overcoming depression
Depression affect about 18.8 million American adults which is about 9.5% of the U.S. population according to 2004 census. At any time of the given year, 12% of women and 6.6 % of men. Dangerously, over their lifetime about 20% or women and 10% of men will have clinical depression.
Some post tips for Overcoming Depression
- Socialize: Try to stay with your friends and family as much as possible.
- Self examine your thoughts. Depression makes one fall free towards the negative things. Keep giving positive affirmations to stop the negativity and you can see that positive thinking can be placed back in mind which can help overcome depression to a large extent.
- Sunlight - Go for sunlight specially in winters and for people who are affected by Seasonal Sadness.
- Keep your hydration levels at the desired place
- Friendships - It's not hard to make friends if you put the time in. Start off by listening, appreciating and loving, and it will come back your way.
- Reading - Someone has said, books are mans best friends. So take a temporary leave from truth and bury yourself in one of your favorite books. A lot of wise people have been through what you're going through and they made it through to the other side to tell about it
If you would like to submit an article, or if you are an author of an article posted on Depression Guide that wishes the article to be removed, please email our Submission Department - publications AT depression-guide.com
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression