Deroxat side effects, tablet, drug and medicineTweet
Brand Name: Paxil
Generic Name: Aropax
Uses of Deroxat:
Deroxat is used in treating depression. Deroxat works by increasing the levels of serotonin (a neurotransmitter) to normal. Deroxat (Paroxetine, Paxil, aropax) is used to treat depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder. It is also often prescribed for panic disorder and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Deroxat:
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. It may up to 4 weeks to reach full effect, but you may see symptoms of depression improving in one to two weeks. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Deroxat Side Effects:
Some common side effects reported with Paroxetine medicine include:
- dry mouth,
- male sexual dysfunction,
- decreased appetite.
Warnings and precautions for Deroxat:
- Deroxat should not be used for people with an allergy or hypersensitivity to this drug or any SSRI.
- Deroxat does not usually cause sedation, but patients should not drive or operate heavy machinery until it is known that Deroxat does not affect the ability to safely engage in these activities.
- The safety and effectiveness of Deroxat in children under 18 years old have not been established.
- Deroxat is not addictive. Suddenly discontinuing Deroxat may lead to withdrawal symptoms such as confusion, dizziness, sweating, or tremors. Dosage should be gradually tapered when Deroxat is discontinued.
- One study showed no adverse effects due to Deroxat during pregnancy, but further study is required and pregnant women are not advised to take Deroxat. Deroxat passes into human breast milk, and nursing mothers should not take deroxat.
- Not to be used with an MAOI or within 14 days of starting or discontinuing MAOI therapy.
What to do if you take Overdose of Deroxat?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Deroxat?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Deroxat:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
hi im a pharmacist i intend to open a drugstore and i will be happy to bring deroxat to jordan if anybody can help me please contact with me and send me study about it - majd nsair