Dohme uses and side effectsTweet
Generic Name: Amitriptyline
How to Take Dohme :
Take this medicine as directed. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Dohme Side Effects:
Some common side effects reported with Dohme medicine include:
- skin rash,
- itching or hives,
- swelling of the face or tongue, which may casue difficulty swallowing or breathing.
- dry mouth, blurred vision,
- urinary retention
- insomnia, etc.
Warnings and precautions for Dohme:
- Not to be given concomitantly with MAOIs; discontinue MAOI therapy at least 14 days before starting amitriptyline. Acute recovery phase following MI, acute CHF.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications.
- Dohme drug is not recommended for use during the acute recovery phase following myocardial infarction and in the presence of acute congestive heart failure.
- Dohme should be used with caution in patients with a history of seizures, impaired liver function, a history of hepatic damage or blood dyscrasias and, because of its atropine-like action, in patients with a history of urinary retention, or with narrow-angle glaucoma or increased intraocular pressure.
- Discontinue the drug several days before elective surgery if possible.
What to do if you take Overdose of Dohme ?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Dohme ?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Dohme :
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.