Geranium aromatherapy oilTweet
Geranium (Pelargonium Adorantissimum)
Good to use in massage and for the treatment of cellulite, as it has diuretic properties. With an immediately uplifting floral scent, this anti-depressant can be added to the bath on cold winter mornings. Widely used by aroma therapists in massage to treat hormonal and menstrual problems. Also, eases eczema and psoriasis.
Origin of geranium oil:
The Geranium originates in Africa and was not brought into Europe until 1690. It was used in ancient times as a remedy for tumors, burns and wounds.
Geranium oil Description:
Widely grown throughout Europe , it reaches around 2 feet in height. They are hundreds of different species cultivated for their pretty flowers but only the Aromatic Pelargonium (the ones that smell lemony when the leaves are pinches) give rich yields of yellowy green essential oils. This is distinct from the leaves, stalks and flowers.
Geranium essential oil Therapeutic Effects:
- Unusually, it is both, sedative and uplifting and so invaluable for treating nervous tension and depression.
- It is also used for circulatory and skin problems such as acne, bruises, broken capillaries, burns especially wounds.
- Used in a foot bath for chilblains.
- It is also used in sore throat, tonsillitis, cellulitis.
- Effective in engorgement of breasts, poor circulation.
Uses of geranium essential oil:
- A popular ingredient in perfumes for its sweet, fresh, floral essence, the geranium is also therapeutically massaged or inhaled for its relaxing yet refreshing qualities.
- It can blend well with most other essential oils.
- Extensively employed as a flavoring agent in most major food categories, alcoholic and soft drinks.
Aromatherapy Basics - Learn about aromatherapy, history and origin of aromatherapy, uses and benefits of aromatherapy & many other information on aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy for Insomnia Know about various essential oils used in treating Insomnia.
What are Essential Oils? How Essential Oils and aromatherapy work? The vital element in any Aromatherapy treatment is the pure essential oil. An essential oil is an aromatic, volatile substance extracted from a single botanical source by distillation
How to use Essential Oils and aromatherapy? There are many ways in which Essential Oil can be used such as inhalation, massage, facial mask, fragrance etc.
How to extract essential oil? There are many ways in which essential oils are extracted such as Distillation, pressing, maceration etc.
Blending of Essential oil and aromatherapy blend. Know about the basics of Aromatherapy Blend, art of aromatherapy blend such as mixing, storing etc.
Lavender essential oil - Lavendula Officinalis
Bergamot essential oil - Citrus Bergamia
Jasmine essential oil - Jasminum Officinale
Geranium essential oil - Pelargonium Adorantissimum
Cinnamon essential oil - CinnamomumZeylanicum
Basil essential oils - Ocimum Basilicum
Ylang-Ylang - Cananga odorata
Sandalwood essential oils - Santalum album
Orange essential oil - Citrus aurantium
Rose essential oil - Rosa Centifolia, Rosa Damascena
Rosemary essential oil - Rosmarinus Officinalis
Patchouli essential oil - Pogostemon patchouli
Chamomile essential oil - Anthemis Nobilib
Sage essential oil - Salvia Officinalis