How to treat ChafingTweet
What Is Chafing?
Chafing occur where parts on the body inner thigh, groin area, armpits, nipples, etc. as a consequence of sweating, and resistance from body parts rubbing jointly, or resistance from clothing. Causes of chafing are frequent motion -- particularly, skin resistance against movable fabric or other skin. Chafing mostly becomes around the bra line (in the women), nipples (in the men), inner thighs, and under arms.
Symptoms of Chafing
Common symptom of chafing is a painful stinging or burning feeling. The area is typically red and raw.
Prevention of Chafing
Prevent for chafing attempt to stay dry, keep hydrated, using a lubricant and wear the good clothing. Lubrication petroleum jelly or an anti-chafing product for example Body Glide or Runner's Lube, Apply before walking Use some A+D cream, gel, balm to the dry/chafed areas -- it must clear up in about a day. Make sure to wrap up affected areas with BodyGlide or Vaseline before you head out for a run.
Home remedy for Chafing
- Make a paste take home made lubricant can be made by adding one cup each of A & D ointment and Vaseline. In that mix one fourth cup each of vitamin E cream and aloe Vera cream to have better constancy and superior smell. This salve works great on your skin and helps in curing and prevention of chafing.
- Patients also apply petroleum jelly to the chafing prone areas to avoid rubbing and friction.
- Apply Calendula oil it is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal oil, famous for its healing property. It is best for help to clear skin irritation due to chafing.
- Apply Zinc oxide is an inexpensive paste which treats chafing trobles. For remove the zinc oxide you can apply olive oil or mineral oil to wipe it off.
Tips and diet for Chafing
- Cover an elastic bandage around your legs and thighs before you exercise or play sports. If you are plump, the elastic bandages will help stop chafing during the activity.
- Always wear 100 percent cotton clothing during sports activities and exercise. Switch to 100 percent cotton when walking, exercising, or playing sports to stop chafing.
- To keep on dry you can use talcum powder or cornstarch.
- For all time wash your clothes previous to wearing to keep yourself at bay from chafing. Waterless sweat and chemicals may be another reason for irritation.
- Women can fairly wearing panty hose and men can switch to boxers to keep your groin area free from friction.