How to get rid of Colitis?Tweet
What Is Colitis?
Colitis is the condition used to characterized inflammation of the colon and affects the lower part of the colon and the person. It is a disorder that causes inflammation and sores, also know as ulcers, in the lining of the rectum. Ulcers affects that killed the cells that usually line the colon, then bleed and make pus.Research about what causes ulcerative colitis. Person with ulcerative colitis have abnormalities of the immune system, but doctors do not know whether these abnormalities are a cause or a result of the disorder
Symptoms of Colitis
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Rectal bleeding
- Loss of body fluids and nutrients
- Skin lesions
- Joint pain
- Growth failure (specifically in children)
Prevent for Colitis
- Take medicines like topical 5-ASA compounds for example sulfasalazine (Azulfidine), localizing (Dipentum), and mesalamine (Pentasa, Asacol, Rowasa enema) that need direct contact with the inflamed tissue in order to be effective.
- Alternatively used systemic anti-inflammatory medications for example corticosteroids that decrease inflammation throughout the body without direct contact with the inflamed tissue. Systemic corticosteroids have predictable side effects with long term use.
- Remmeber patient should be free of tension, have plenty of fluids and complete bed-rest.
Home remedy to treat Colitis
- Take warm water with a little olive oil should be used to clean the colon.
- Drink especially juice of raw carrot, cabbage and papaya with a little boiled water should be observed for 5 days.This is useful to cure colitis.
- Use warm water enema.
- Effectivel remedy for coli tis is to eat cooked apples with a pinch of nutmeg. Peel a couple of apples, remove the seeds, and cook. Make them into a pulp (you can use a potato masher), and add 1 tea spoon ghee and a pinch of nutmeg. This will help to pacify the irritation of colitis and ulcerativecolitis.
- Drumsticks are useful in colitis. A teaspoon of fresh leaf juice, mixed with an equal quantity of honey and a glass of tender coconut water is given two or three times daily as a herbal medicine for the treatment of this disease.
Diet for Colitis
- Take on a diet of small frequent meals that should be chewed thoroughly and eaten slowly.
- Used aluminum utensils for cooked foods, sugar, strong tea and coffee, white flour products, alcoholic beverages and highly salted foods should be avoided.
- Ripe bananas are easily digestible, slightly laxative, promote healing and relieve acute symptoms.
- First thing in the morning drink 2 glasses of water, have a bowel movement at the same time each day but avoid straining.
- Apple juice will also help relieve the burning sensation.