How to treat Flatulence?Tweet
What Is Flatulence?
Flatulence is the situation of excess wind or gas in the digestive tract. That gas consisting of carbon dioxide, oxygen, and hydrogen and methane gas is formed in the large intestines as a outcome of action of bacteria on undigested food.Flatulence is consequences from fermentation or the chemical breakdown of food by bacteria that live normally in intestine or colon.It is the production of a mixture of gases in the digestive tract of mammals or other animals that are byproducts of the digestion process.
Symptoms of Flatulence
- A feeling of bloating and discomfort
- Excessive expulsion of wind
- Pain in the abdomen
- Foul odor
Prevent for Flatulence
- Do not take pipes, cigarettes and cigars; chewing gum, sipping through straws and bottles with narrow mouths.
- Keep away from carbonated beverages
- Eat slowly. Gulping food and beverages allows large amounts of air to enter the stomach.
- Stop deliberately swallows air to force a belch.
- Do not eat foods that may cause gas.
- Do regular exercise for example walks keeps the intestinal muscles in ship shape. Regular bowel movements keep the levels of gas producing bacteria low resulting in less flatulence.
Home remedy for Flatulence
- Blend 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder with a pinch of asafetida and a pinch of rock salt in a cup of warm water. Drink this concoction to get relief from gas.
- Mix up 2 tsp of brandy with a cup of warm water and drink this before going to bed.
- Chew on some fresh ginger slices that are soaked in lime juice after meals.It is helful for curing flatulence.
- Take a drop of dill oil in a tsp of honey taken immediately after a meal should be of great help.
- Grind dry 1 tsp of pepper, 1 tsp of dry ginger and 1 tsp of green cardamom seeds. Add 1/2 tsp of this mixture to water and drink after 1 hour after meal. It would be good for treating flatulence.
- Chewing peppermint after a meal does a lot more than just freshening your breath. It helps in treating flatulence, bloating and abdominal pain that accompanies gas. Peppermint oil combined with caraway oil has been used since ages to treat abdominal discomfort caused by flatulence.
Diet for Flatulence
- Do not take foods for example beans, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, yeast-containing foods such as breads and cheese. Carbonated drinks also produce gas.
- Stop drink water after 15 minutes or during meals. It weakens the digestive system.
- Stop taking meals containing a large amount of monounsaturated and essential fats.
- Chewing the food slowly and bit by bit is important. Keep away from swallowing or gulping down food. Properly masticated food is better digested.