Treating depression naturallyTweet
This is rather new type of depression treatment option. In this, the natural means of cure are tried to soothe the depression symptoms in patients. Some of the examples are yoga, exercise, meditation, prayers, etc. See if they can help you by browsing through the section below.
Antidepressant medication, psychotherapy, or combinations of the two represent the most common treatment for depressive illness. However, a variety of natural treatment of depression also can be used to help alleviate depression.
Top Stories in Natural Treatments for Depression
| Exercise or Yoga - Studies show that jogging for 30 minutes three times a week can be as effective as psychotherapy in treating depression. Learn more about depression and exercise.
||Meditation or Prayer - Meditation is a very effective technique for improving your creativity and problem solving capacity|
|Clarocet NRI - Clarocet NRI uses a combination effect of many different herbs that are known to help relieve stress, anxiety and depression.||Holosync and meditation - One of the great beauties of Holosync is how easy it is to use: Some people call it instant meditation, but it's much more than that.|
|Simple meditation techniques- aiming to prevent thoughts in a natural way, by deeply relaxing the physical body and then trying to keep the mind completely "blank" with no thoughts whatsoever.||How to use meditation? - Meditation is sometimes described as "listening to the silence between thoughts".|
More in Depression Natural Treatments
- Exercise or Yoga - One exercise and depression study showed that the improvement in mood begins just ten minutes after you start exercising. Mood was found to continue to get better for up to twenty minutes.
- Relaxation or Deep Breathing
- Meditation or Prayer - Meditation is an exercise, aiming to prevent thoughts in a natural way, by deeply relaxing the physical body and then trying to keep the mind completely "blank" with no thoughts whatsoever.
- Clarocet NRI - Clarocet NRI uses a combination effect of many different herbs that are known to help relieve stress, anxiety and depression.
- Meditation intoduction and basics - Meditation is frequently confused with various forms of concentration. Meditation is a very effective technique for improving your creativity and problem solving capacity. Meditation is one of the proven alternative therapies. Learn more about it.
- How to use meditation? - Meditation is sometimes described as "listening to the silence between thoughts". Our effort in meditation is directed towards consciously increasing the periods of such silence.
- What are the benefits of meditation?- One of many benefits of meditation is that it opens your mind to new ideas. When the bowl is full, trying to pour more water into it just causes an overflow. The same happens with our mind. When it is full of thoughts, there is no room for new ideas.
- Simple meditation techniques- meditation is an exercise, aiming to prevent thoughts in a natural way, by deeply relaxing the physical body and then trying to keep the mind completely "blank" with no thoughts whatsoever.
- Tips to guided meditation - Before meditation you may wish to define clearly what do you want to learn, what do you want to ask your Higher Self. During the meditation, do not expect an answer (although it is likely that it will come when your mind will be pure) - this is also a thought!
- Holosync and meditation - One of the great beauties of Holosync is how easy it is to use: Some people call it instant meditation, but it's much more than that.
- Descartes Meditation: DESCARTES is often called the founder of modern philosophy, and the statement contains a solid core of historical truth.
A typical explanation of effectiveness of massage therapy, guided imagery, or biofeedback is that, it might be possible to decrease stress and anxiety by learning to control involuntary functions such as heart rate and muscle tension.
Some of these natural treatment of depression may be used as an adjunct to pharmacological and psychotherapeutic treatments, while others are used alone. Scientific evidence supports several non pharmacological approaches for reduction of depressive symptoms, such as exercise (both aerobic and anaerobic), relaxation techniques, and at least one herbal remedy for depression treatment. It is important to consult your healthcare provider before beginning any exercise program. It is also important to inform your doctor about any nutritional supplements or herbs that you are taking so as to avoid harmful drug interactions.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Most Read on Treatments
Medication Treatment for DepressionAntidepressant
MAOI(Monoamine oxidase inhibitors )
SSRIs (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors)
Serotonin Syndrome - Serotonin Syndrome Symptom
Rolipram Antidepressant Psychotherapy or Talk Therapy
Electroconvulsive (ECT) Therapy
Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS Therapy)
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
Herbal treatment for DepressionSt. John's Wort
Natural treatment for DepressionExercise or Yoga
Meditation or Prayer
Alternative treatment for DepressionAromatherapy
Diet and depression