How to Choose the Best Romantic Partner?Tweet
Marry a man your own age; as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight. Picking the right person for the right reasons at the right time is an art form.
There are many ways in which we feel attracted to others - whether it is physical features, financial value, emotional persona, overall character, sudden hitch, etc. Any other person's attractiveness is a kind of magnet which pulls people toward one another. Physical attractiveness, specialy sexual one is one of the important aspect of people desires and hence they look for the partner.
There is one dimension which comes naturally to us. This is known as Romantic Instinct wherein our natural instincts guide us towards the person who is good to us and give us kindness and affection. What is Love - it is the feeling which comes when we are in company of a person who can touch us in emotional needs, understand our sadness and strengthen us for the hard tasks of our lives.
This journey of finding such partner is not easy and straightforward. It is something to do with our instincts and feelings rather than any clearcut path. Asking why someone has chosen someone in his/her life as a partner is like offending meaning of love.
Patterns and Thought process of finding love
Somewhere deep inside, when we are looking for love in our life, we are really seeking for familiarity. We are longing for re-creating the same feeling we knew so well in childhood - the feel of affection, tenderness, care, support, understading, etc, which we felt during our early years. Though it is not restricted always to good feelings or good morals, it can also look for traits which are otherwise negative - for example, being too right might not be attractive to some people since they had experienced both sides of morality and drew some connect with such behaviour. The subconcious mind is actually looking for familiarity with past whether it is good patterns or else patterns of frustration.
Factors affecting the life partner decision
Although meeting prospective romantic partner face to face while evaluating them is the most important, it could be more positive if the partners are physically attractive and has good-earning prospects. It is known as inferior-superior continuum in scientific jargon.
Suitability of the person we are looking towards as a partner depends on lot of characteristics such as follows:
- Romantic perspective
- Reciprocity- Partner’s willingness for Flourishing mutually
- kind and intelligent
- good sense of humour
Few tips on Choosing the Right Romantic Partners
- Do not choose out of fear - don't let your fear surpass the romantic and practical reasoning.
- Do not start with your checklist and go through each and every item. There are many facets of people and one should leave things on instincts as well before concluding anything concerete. Being adamant to partner trait checklists can sometimes lead to rejecting many good partners.
- Throw the tiny details out and concentrate on core human qualities like empathy, integrity, honesty, reliability, kindness, etc. Finance and stability can also be checked for stable future life.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Succeed in Relationships
- Four reasons to break up with your girlfriend
- Three reasons to break up with your boyfriend
- Practical advice for marrying into a military family
- 10 ways to build a good relationship
- Ways to boost self-esteem after a break up
- What are the signs of emotional spousal abuse?
- How to forgive your cheating husband
- Why did your husband have an affair?
- Talking about commitment
- How to be a good girlfriend
- How to be a good boyfriend
- How to adjust to moving in together
- Do you need a marital separation?
- 10 bad ideas she'll hate
- Tips on breaking up
- What is emotional infidelity?
- Advice for managing a long distance relationship
- How to improve your self confidence in a relationship
- How to read body language: attraction and flirting
- Life after committing adultery
- How to read female body language
- How, and when, to date your ex-boyfriend
- Romantic gift basket ideas for her
- Dating strategies for the shy
- How to work out differences before you get married
- Making the decision to live together
- Identify and deal with a power struggle
- How to read male body language
- How to meet people in bars and clubs
- How to get invitations to parties
- Dealing with a jealous husband
- How to break up with someone kindly and honestly
- How to apologize creatively
- Should you forgive your spouse for an affair?
- How to make over your man
- How to handle emotions after a spouse's death
- How to deal with an angry ex boyfriend
- Why some people avoid touch and affection
- How to comfort someone after a miscarriage
- Designing the perfect music mix for a road trip with your boyfriend
- How to get along with your neighbors
- Getting over a broken romance
- Dealing with an insecure man
- Personal relationship tips: how to deal with an angry ex husband
- Why do spouses cheat and can cheating be prevented?
- How to look more macho or masculine
- Polyamory and polygamy
- The people you should keep up a relationship with
- How to manage anger toward a loved one
- Making it work
- How to maintain lifelong friendships
- 10 tips for a good relationship
- 5 communication problems to avoid with a spouse
- 5 communication strategies to use with a spouse
- Tips for building a good long term relationship
- Five things never to discuss on a first date
- How to encourage your spouse
- How to confront a friend
- I'm not attracted to my husband
- Improving a loving relationship
- How to get a girlfriend you'll really love
- What to do if you're being abused
- 5 reasons to stay single
- 5 places to find a mate
- 5 ways to meet new people
- 10 hard questions for men to ask before having children
- How to avoid turning other people off
- How to rebuild intimacy after a breakup
- How to confront a friend who you suspect has a drinking problem
- How to cheer up after a breakup: moving on
- Is your spouse or partner cheating?
- How to tell if your husband is cheating
- How to tell if your girlfriend is cheating
- Should you take back a cheating boyfriend?
- Should we live together?
- Infidelity and trust
- Cheating online through internet relationships
- How to keep your relationship alive
- The importance of frequent visits
- How to get your spouse or partner to open up
- 5 simple home feng shui tips for relationships
- Is he too controlling?
- How to tell if your spouse is cheating
- Dating after divorce
- Are you ready to get married?
- How much time is healthy for us to spend together?
- If your differences cause problems
- How to improve the closeness and intimacy of your relationship
- How to have an inexpensive date
- Reminding your husband of your anniversary
- Feng shui tips: encouraging love
- How to learn from a break-up
- Tips for celebrating valentine's day with the one you love
- Tips for meeting a boyfriends mother
- How to make a serious online relationship work
- How to deal with a relationship with a workaholic
- All about the psychology of eye contact and how it relates to attraction
- How to end a relationship
- When to end a relationship
- Relationships and emotional intimacy: how to get closer to someone
- Things not to tell a guy you want to marry
- How to draw out a shy person
- Is online flirting considered cheating?
- Gift ideas for your online relationship
- How to have a healthy argument
- How to rebuild trust in a broken relationship
Long Distance Relationships
- Long distance relationship advice
- Long distance relationship tips
- Making relationships work long distance
- Do long distance relationships work? | Long distance relationships, can they work?
- Keeping in touch with long-distance friends
- Advice on nurturing long term friendships
- How to Choose the Best Romantic Partner?