How to improve the closeness and intimacy of your relationship?Tweet
You can maintain closeness and intimacy in your relations by showing each other respect, talking with each other and spending time jointly. If each couple could preserve closeness and intimacy they felt when they began dating and were first married the divorce rate would considerably drop and might be as disappear.
What is closeness and intimacy?
- Closeness: We all have an inborn need to be close to an important person.But sometimes the very thing we need is the reverse of what we contain. Some of us subconsciously damage the relationships we need because of our worry of closeness, because of our incapability to engage in the weak dance of closeness. Others keep away from closeness altogether because the pain of past failures is too great.
- Intimacy: intimacy, physical and emotional closeness, is difficult to find the way our way through. It takes skill, hard work and promise. It is not a easy, once you know how. But true intimacy is difficult to achieve, but the best gifts are easy to obtain?. We surely no expert on how to maintain and nurture closeness or intimacy.
How to improve the closeness and intimacy in a relationship?
7 things that will definitely improve the closeness and intimacy in a relationship.
- Dishonesty and Silence: Intimacy wants honesty and openness. It is important that you always honest and openness with your partner, parent or with anybody. To be close to an important person, we need to be able to share what is true and real about us and we must be ready to hear someone else's truth. Silence, it is really a bat thing, if you not share any thing with anybody, how they will understand. Sometimes we think that it is best to not say anything at all if it means it may hurt our partner. So please ignore this silence because there is no opportunity for the relationship to grow with integrity.
- Lack of trust: Sometimes there is no dishonesty in the relationship, but still a lack of trust exists. Maybe healthy trust has never been a part of your life. For healthy and good relationships you need to trust someone on the present actions of a person.
- Desire to change people: True intimacy requires acceptance. Having acceptance of yourself and your partner is a powerful indicator of love. Sometime you avoid your partner means you you have to like everything, but you need to let go of the need to change another person. You are trying to improve that person as per your desire. To change any person, first understand the person and then give a proper advice and make a changes in that person.
- Inability to express your needs and feelings: You can do any thing for your partner but it is also important that to express your needs and feelings. For intimacy it is important.
- Not listening: Communication is a two-way street. Many of us have no problem talking, but listening poses more of a challenge. Listening requires us to hear our partners with our heart. An added step to listening is acknowledging what we have heard. Are you really hearing your partner’s feelings and needs.
- Lack of respect: Chances are if you not have respect for your partner, your intimate life almost certainly suffers. To respect means you hold a high opinion and highly value yourself or another person Your appreciate and consideration show that you have respect for that person. The closeness of intimacy needs a general feeling of respect for self and your partner. It also means you need to behave in a way that deserves respect.
- Unhealthy Arguments: All couples have disagreements. The intimacy in your relationship will undergo if you let your arguments get out of hand. Angry words, unsettled arguments and imposing emotional and physical pain will destroy intimacy. Couples that are close, learn how to respectfully and healthily resolve their arguments.