Stablon (Tianeptine): Get best Info on Stablon drug antidepressantTweet
Other Name: Tianeptine, Coaxil
Drug Class: Antidepressant
Uses of Stablon Drug:
Stablon (Tianeptine) is an antidepressant that is chemically related to amineptine. It is a serotonin reuptake accelerator and works opposite to the action of SSRI's. Tianeptine is an antidepressant agent with a novel neurochemical profile. It increases serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine; 5-HT) uptake in the brain (in contrast with most antidepressant agents) and reduces stress-induced atrophy of neuronal dendrites. Like the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and in contrast with most tricyclic antidepressant agents, tianeptine does not appear to be associated with adverse cognitive, psychomotor, sleep, cardiovascular or bodyweight effects and has a low propensity for abuse. Tianeptine has a comparatively favourable pharmacokinetic profile.
Stablon - Tianeptine (TIA) is an antidepressant drug that has been shown to decrease extracellular serotonin level and reveals no affinity for neurotransmitter receptors.
Tianeptine (Stablon) appears to be as effective as fluoxetine, sertraline, amitriptyline, clomipramine and mianserin and more effective than maprotiline in improving associated anxiety in patients with depressive disorders. Depression and anxiety symptoms in alcohol dependant patients also respond well to tianeptine.
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Stablon Drug
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Side Effects of Stablon:
As with any active pharmaceutical product, this medicine may cause somewhat unpleasant side effects in certain patients. Although such effects are rare, usually mild and temporary, they include:
- abdominal pain,
- dryness of the mouth,
- flatulence Insomnia,
- asthenia Tachycardia,
- precordialgia Dizziness,
- upsets Respiratory discomfort,
- tightness of the throat Myalgia,
Any of the above mentioned should be reported to your doctor or chemist in addition to any adverse effects not mentioned in this leaflet.
Warnings and precautions for Stablon
- Any patient about to undergo general anaesthetic should inform the anaesthetist and stop treatment 24 to 48 hours before the medical intervention. Should an emergency operation prove to be necessary, this may be carried out without stopping treatment previously but with the correct operative supervision. As with other antidepressants, when treatment is to be stopped, reduce the dosage gradually over a period of 7 to 14 days. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breast-feeding your baby.
- This medicine should not be used during pregnancy or breast-feeding.
- This medicine should not be used: With MAO inhibitors (as a rule, there should be an interval of 15 days between a MAOI and Tianeptine treatments) By expectant or nursing mothers By children of less than 15 years of age Should you have any doubt, consult your doctor.
What to do if you take Overdose of Stablon?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Stablon?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Stablon:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.