Treatment of Depression - How to cure depressive episode?Tweet
One day a patient came to a doctor. She was very upset and was looking very weak and dull. Doctor asked her, how he can help her. She said, doctor, give me hope and give me reason to live. Doctor talked to her and diagnosed the illness she was suffering from. It was depression. She came to visit the doctor regularly for about 6 months and she got both what she wanted. The HOPE and her LIFE.
YES!! Treatment of depression is possible.
Depression is Treatable. It start with deciding that you want to be treated, this thought can make all the difference.
Treatment of Depression
Tricyclic drugs - Try this special category of drugs with the consultation of your therapist. GO for the ones which can give you the best cure of our mood.
MAOI(Monoamine oxidase inhibitors )
SSRIs antidepressant medication (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors)
Treatment of depression is especially important because it affects you, your family, and your work. The standard treatment for depression is a combination of antidepressant medication and therapy.
In addition to these treatments, there are other 'alternate' treatments that many people have found useful in managing their depression. A proper diagnosis is essential for determining the correct treatment, as different types of depression are treated with different medications.
Talking to your Doctor about treating depression
Communicating with your doctor is an important part in the diagnosis and treatment of depression. By talking to your doctor openly, you allow him or her to provide you with the best depression treatment program possible.
What are the options for depression treatment?
Depression is difficult to treat, especially in children, adolescents, elderly patients, and those with a history of chronic disease. The primary treatment methods are drug therapy, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), and psydlOtherapy. The various options for depression treatment varies from medication to psychotherapy to self help. Some of them are listed below:
- Medication Treatment for Depression - Antidepressant medications are often the first treatment option prescribed by health professionals. Antidepressants relieve the symptoms of depression, which makes it easier to face your problems and take appropriate action
- Tricyclic drugs - tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) such as amitriptyline. TCAs are the most widely used class of antidepressant drugs. They prevent the reuptake of norepinephrine or serotonin (or both) into the presynaptic nerve endings, resulting in increased synaptic concentrations of these neurotransmitters. They also cause a gradual loss in the number of beta-adrenergic receptors.
- MAOI(Monoamine oxidase inhibitors ) - monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors such as isocarboxazid (Marplan). MAO inhibitors block the enzymatic degradation of norepinephrine and serotonin. However, they're commonly prescribed for patients with atypical depression (for example, depression marked by an increased appetite and need for sleep, rather than anorexia and insomnia) and for some patients who fail to respond to TCAs. MAO inhibitors are associated with a high risk of toxicity; patients treated with one of these drugs must be able to comply with the necessary dietary restrictions.
- SSRIs antidepressant medication (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) - selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRls), such as fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), and sertraline (Zoloft). SSRIs are becoming the drugs of choice for treating depression. They're effective and produce fewer adverse effects than TCAs. Even so, they're associated with sleep and GI problems and alterations in sexual desire and function.
- Antidepressant - maprotiline, trazodone (Desyrel), and bupropion (Wellbutrin) aren't chemically related to the other antidepressants listed above; however,they're effective in treating depression by blocking the reuptake of norepinephrine, serotonin, and epinephrine, respectively. However, the reason they aren't used as commonly as the other compounds is because of increased adverse effects.
- Antipsychotic Medication
- Antianxiety medications
- Depression Therapies like Psychotherapy, Light Therapy and ETC. Find how they help in recovering from depression.
- Depression Treatment through Self Help- I found that the best way to cope with such intense discomfort was to live my life one day at a time.
The depression-guide.com is proud to present Depression Guide Facebook Page where the latest and best of the treatment options are discussed along with the experiences shared by people like you and me. It will allow you to share experiences, ideas and self help information about depression and other mental health disorders. Why not like our facebook page and align yourself with the interesting things while having fun with other followers and likers. Believe me, you'll just love it.
Create your Depression Treatment Plan with your Doctor.
Looking for a therapist - making the most of your appointment
Steps for choosing a therapist
Who is Psychoanalyists? - Difference between Psychiatrist, Psychologist, and Psychoanalyst
I am having some idea for easy treatment for permanent recovery with self treatment method for Physicological, Physical Problems through breathing and natural style living method and it is very simple method and also very loving method becuase we have to unearth the our own taste, style and method for that we have to support every one for supporting the growth with healthy atmosphere.- Sunil
I suffer with Major Depression and Anxiety, I had a major lapse and needed time off work.. now they are pressuring me over sick leave.. they kinda think this is a condition, pop a pill and all is better.. What is a +/- time frame that is fair to expect recovery keeping in mind 100% recovery is difficult but a functional recovery. -Warren