Random Autism Facts and StatisticsTweet
Autism as a general term is referred to all the spectrum disorders which include Autism, Asperger Syndrome, and high-functioning disorders.
Facts on Autism
Some of the starting facts about Autism are as follows:
- Autism is very common than people think. Only in UK there are about 700000 people suffering from Autism which is equal to 1 in 1000 people. Across the world, according to CDC, there are about 1 percent of the world population suffering from autism spectrum disorder.
- It means, Autism touches lives of about 3 million people only in the UK, if we consider the immediate family members of the Autistic people.
- Autism is not restricted to children only. It is present during adult years or old age as well.
- Autism is not always visible from its characters or traits. It often goes undiagnosed and one cannot differentiate between Autistic and non autistic person at times.
- Right support and changes in lifestyle can make people effectively cope with the symptoms of Autism to a great extent. Although this illness is not curable.
- More than half of the children with think that their parent believe they are not in a school which can support the kids best.
Autism Statistics which is interesting
In the US, the Autism is prevalent in about 1 in 70 births according to the CDC – 2014. There are about 3.5 million Americans who have autism spectrum disorder. Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disability in the US.
According to the calculation of the services rendered for Autism, there is a cost factor involvement of $236-262 billion annually out of which the adult services costs $175-196 billion, and child services costs $61-66 billion.
Early diagnosis and intervention can lead to a reduction of lifelong care giving cost for Autism by 2/3 times it is currently.
Boys are almost 5 times more likely than girls to have autism. It has no known cure or medical detection.