Depression Treatment - various methods for curing depression
Treatment of Depression - How to cure depressive episode?
YES!! Treatment of depression is possible.
Depression is Treatable. It start with deciding that you want to be treated, this thought can make all the difference.
Treatment of Depression
Tricyclic drugs - Try this special category of drugs with the consultation of your therapist. GO for the ones which can give you the best cure of our mood.
MAOI(Monoamine oxidase inhibitors )
SSRIs antidepressant medication (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors)
Treatment of depression is especially important because it affects you, your family, and your work. The standard treatment for depression is a combination of antidepressant medication and therapy.
In addition to these treatments, there are other 'alternate' treatments that many people have found useful in managing their depression. A proper diagnosis is essential for determining the correct treatment, as different types of depression are treated with different medications.
Talking to your Doctor about treating depression
Communicating with your doctor is an important part in the diagnosis and treatment of depression. By talking to your doctor openly, you allow him or her to provide you with the best depression treatment program possible.
What are the options for depression treatment?
Depression is difficult to treat, especially in children, adolescents, elderly patients, and those with a history of chronic disease. The primary treatment methods are drug therapy, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), and psydlOtherapy. The various options for depression treatment varies from medication to psychotherapy to self help. Some of them are listed below:
- Medication Treatment for Depression - Antidepressant medications are often the first treatment option prescribed by health professionals. Antidepressants relieve the symptoms of depression, which makes it easier to face your problems and take appropriate action
Herbal treatment for Depression - The herbal treatment of depression had fewer side effects and as the researchers concluded, it showed promise for the long-term treatment of moderate depression.
- Tricyclic drugs - tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) such as amitriptyline. TCAs are the most widely used class of antidepressant drugs. They prevent the reuptake of norepinephrine or serotonin (or both) into the presynaptic nerve endings, resulting in increased synaptic concentrations of these neurotransmitters. They also cause a gradual loss in the number of beta-adrenergic receptors.
- MAOI(Monoamine oxidase inhibitors ) - monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors such as isocarboxazid (Marplan). MAO inhibitors block the enzymatic degradation of norepinephrine and serotonin. However, they're commonly prescribed for patients with atypical depression (for example, depression marked by an increased appetite and need for sleep, rather than anorexia and insomnia) and for some patients who fail to respond to TCAs. MAO inhibitors are associated with a high risk of toxicity; patients treated with one of these drugs must be able to comply with the necessary dietary restrictions.
- SSRIs antidepressant medication (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) - selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRls), such as fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), and sertraline (Zoloft). SSRIs are becoming the drugs of choice for treating depression. They're effective and produce fewer adverse effects than TCAs. Even so, they're associated with sleep and GI problems and alterations in sexual desire and function.
- Antidepressant - maprotiline, trazodone (Desyrel), and bupropion (Wellbutrin) aren't chemically related to the other antidepressants listed above; however,they're effective in treating depression by blocking the reuptake of norepinephrine, serotonin, and epinephrine, respectively. However, the reason they aren't used as commonly as the other compounds is because of increased adverse effects.
- Antipsychotic Medication
- Antianxiety medications
Natural treatment for Depression - Aa variety of natural treatment of depression can be used to help alleviate depression including exercise, yoga, meditation, etc.
- St. John Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- 5HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)
- Ginkgo Biloba
Alternative treatment for Depression - There are many alternative treatments available for depression. Each of these alternative treatment of depression addresses human suffering in different ways, but generally they seek to re-establish a balance or harmony within the body and in the lifestyle of the person being treated.
- Exercise or Yoga
- Clarocet NRI
- Diet factors
New Depression Facebook presence is Live and filled with Life Wire
The depression-guide.com is proud to present Depression Guide Facebook Page where the latest and best of the treatment options are discussed along with the experiences shared by people like you and me. It will allow you to share experiences, ideas and self help information about depression and other mental health disorders. Why not like our facebook page and align yourself with the interesting things while having fun with other followers and likers. Believe me, you'll just love it.
Create your Depression Treatment Plan with your Doctor.
Looking for a therapist - making the most of your appointment
Steps for choosing a therapist
Who is Psychoanalyists? - Difference between Psychiatrist, Psychologist, and Psychoanalyst
Also find out:
Bipolar Disorder Treatment
Unipolar Depression Treatment
Do you like this Story?
I am having some idea for easy treatment for permanent recovery with self treatment method for Physicological, Physical Problems through breathing and natural style living method and it is very simple method and also very loving method becuase we have to unearth the our own taste, style and method for that we have to support every one for supporting the growth with healthy atmosphere.- Sunil
I suffer with Major Depression and Anxiety, I had a major lapse and needed time off work.. now they are pressuring me over sick leave.. they kinda think this is a condition, pop a pill and all is better.. What is a +/- time frame that is fair to expect recovery keeping in mind 100% recovery is difficult but a functional recovery. -Warren