Treating depression naturally -herbal treatmentTweet
For some people herbal remedies are useful in relieving the symptoms of depression. Many depression sufferers are able to significantly reduce or eliminate their depression symptoms through herbal and more cost effective means. There are many options available right from chinese herbs to more recent herbs. In the section below, find the herb which can suit your needs best.
Herbal and natural remedies offer more options for physiological treatment of depression symptoms.
Top Stories in Herbal Remedies for Depression
|St. John's Wort - Natural, wholesome, inexpensive and available over the counter, Hypericum perforatum seemed to be the dream remedy for depression.||5HTP - It specifically targets symptoms caused by low seratonin levels such as feeling down, changes in sleep patterns, etc. 5HTP has also been successful as a weight loss aid by suppressing the appetite.|
|Ginkgo Biloba - This improved blood circulation increases memory, promotes cardiovascular health and alleviates symptoms of Alzheimer's patients.||Hypericum - Learn about useful antibiotic compound in Hypericum perforatum.|
|Ginkgo Biloba for memory links - is commonly added to nutrition bars and fruit smoothies to boost memory and enhance cognitive performance||Siberian Ginseng -Siberian ginseng improves the balance of important neurotransmitters (including serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine) in the brain.|
More in Herbal Treatments
- St. John's Wort - The herbal remedy had fewer side effects and as the researchers concluded, it showed promise for the long-term treatment of moderate depression.
- SAMe - S-adenosylmethionine (SAM-E) is an amino acid that is used in the treatment of depression. SAMe is an essential amino acid required to maintain healthy neurotransmitter processes in the brain. People suffering from depression often have deficient quantities of certain brain chemicals. SAMe works fast to increase these levels and improve these deficient factors with little or no side effects.
- 5HTP - It specifically targets symptoms caused by low seratonin levels such as feeling down, changes in sleep patterns, etc. 5HTP has also been successful as a weight loss aid by suppressing the appetite.
- Ginkgo Biloba - Ginkgo is found to be useful in relieving depression, especially in the elderly who suffer reduced blood flow to the brain, according to results form clinical trials. It is a powerful antidepressant and antioxidant that increases blood flow to the brain and other parts of the body.
- Siberian Ginseng - Its various varieties are referred to as an adaptogen, a substance that assists body in adapting to external physical stresses. Ginseng is believed to stimulate the immune system, enhance abstract thinking and improve aerobic capacity. Ginseng may also benefit people with diabetes by regulating blood sugar levels.
There is a common perception that herbal remedies are safe because they do not require a prescription. Many of these substances, such as teas and dietary supplements, are sold as food. Because they are not sold as drugs, they are not subject to the stringent quality and standardization control of medications.
In addition, herbal remedies do not require the warnings of side effects or assurance of research proven therapeutic effect.
Herbs for depression
The herbs for depression include a wide variety of species for the treatment the same that there are varying degrees of depression, from mild to moderate or severe. The first step to prescribe either a natural remedy or a medicament is to determine if such depression is short terms or chronic studying carefully how often people are depressed and the circumstances around this situation.
When nutritional or hormonal imbalances are present with symptoms of anger, anxiety, frustration and/or guilt, the herbs for depression must be used with oils of Rosemay, Lemon, Bergamot or Clary Sage, good for fatigue, lack of concentration, despair and grief or Rose, Lavender and Sandalwood when the patient experiences mental hyperactivity and restlessness.
Along with herbs for depression, if you have any symptoms; walk, exercise, go to the movies or participate in activities that make you feel better but don't forget to consult a professional to get appropriate diagnosis and treatment.