Does your work schedule and stress causing an impact on your health and happiness; does it make you weak and you constantly need rest; does it worn you out everyday and you feel deeply exhausted? If the answer is yes, you are most likely to suffer from job burnout.
Find out early if you are feeling any of the below symptoms and discover if you are at risk of job burnout.
If we explain about what Job burnout is, it is the special type of stress where the physical, emotional or mental exhaustion increases to alarming levels and it is often combined with doubts on competence and self worth. You need to take some action before job burnout starts affecting your health badly.
Self check for Job Burnout
Just ask yourself following questions and find it yourself if you are suffering from job burnout.
1. Do you behave cynically or critically at work?
2. You do not have clarity about your job and you often feel disillusioned?
3. Are you relying on drugs or alcohol to make you feel batter?
4. Did you saw any changes in your sleeping habits or eating routine?
5. Do you have unexplained headache or backaches which cripples your day and work schedule?
6. Do you behave improperly with co-workers, customers or clients and often get into arguments?
7. Do you feel your energy has been sucked out consistently while at work?
8. Are you unsatisfied with what you have achieved?
If you have answered Yes to at least 3 of the questions above, you might be experiencing Job Exhaustion or burnout.
What causes job burnout?
There could be many causes of Job burnout but some of the most prominent ones are:
1. If you think that you have no control over the important decisions about your work like schedule, workload, assignments, etc, you tend to feel burned out and exhausted.
2. If you are not clear on your job expectations, it makes you feel uncomfortable at work further causing job related stress.
3. If you are working with a office bully, or has a micro manager in your boss, things can go highly stressful.
4. The job you are doing if unfit for your interests and skills make you more and more unsatisfied with the job causing huge stress over time.
5. Isolation at work or in personal life, make you stressed a lot.
6. If you are not able to maintain Work-life and carry lot of work home making family and kids waiting for your time always, you will soon become worn out and become a victim of job burnout.
How to take care of Job Burnout?
- Manage the stress factors that contribute to job burnout.
- Evaluate your options.
- Adjust your attitude.
- Seek support.
- Assess your interests, skills and passions.
- Get some exercise and sleep.