Anafranil side effectsTweet
Generic Name: Clomipramine
Uses of Anafranil
Anafranil (Clomipramine) is a tricyclic agent with both antidepressant and antiobsessional properties. Anafranil is presumed to influence depression and obsessive compulsive behaviour (OCD) through its effects on serotonergic neurotransmission.
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Anafranil:
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Side Effects of Anafranil:
Some common side effects reported with Anafranil medicine include:
- dry mouth, constipation, nausea,
- dyspepsia, and anorexia
- ejaculatory failure
- fatigue, sweating, increased appetite, weight gain,
- headache, speech disorders, muscle weakness,
- drowsiness, fatigue, restlessness,
- urinary retention
Warnings and precautions for Anafranil:
- Anafranil should not be given in conjunction with or within 14 days of treatment with a MAO inhibitor.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drug.
- Tell your doctor if you use tobacco products. Cigarette smoking may decrease the effectiveness of this drug.
- Plan to avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Anafranil may make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
- Anafranil is contraindicated in patients with glaucoma, as the condition may be aggravated due to the atropine-like effects of the drug.
- Patients who have known hypersensitivity to the drug or have known hypersensitivity to tricyclic antidepressants belonging to the dibenzazepine group.
- Safe use in pregnant women has not been established.
What to do if you take Overdose of Anafranil
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose ofAnafranil?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Anafranil:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Alphabatical list of Medicines
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part I
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part II: Index of Mental Health Medications.
Children's Medications Chart
Cymbalta sometimes used to treat anxiety disorders.
Cymbalta and weight gain
Cymbalta loss weight
Cymbalta and ocd
Cymbalta for depression
Cymbalta and fibromyalgia
Bipolar disorder trileptal
Trileptal side effects
Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine
Clomipramine side effects
Mirtazapine side effects
BUY MEDICINES - YOUR ONLINE GUIDE TO BUYING DEPRESSION MEDICATIONS AND OTHER MENTAL HEALTH RELATED MEDICINES