Clomipramine Side EffectsTweet
Side Effects of Clomipramine:
The more common side-effects of Clomipramine include:
- Dry Mouth
- Racing Heartbeat and Other Heart Problems
- Weight Changes
- Blurred Vision
- Skin Rashes
- Ejaculation Problems in Men
- Problems with having an Orgasm in Women
- Epileptic-type Fits
- Liver Problems
Warnings and precautions for Clomipramine:
- Physicians must balance potential benefit and possible risk when considering Clomipramine therapy in pregnant women.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications.
- Clomipramine is incompatible with Monoamine Oxidase Inhibtors. This means Clomipramine may not be used in conjunction with Amitraz containing anti-tick collars.
- Clomipramine should not be given in conjunction with or within 14 days of treatment with a MAO inhibitor.
- It is contraindicated during the acute recovery phase following myocardial infarction and in the presence of acute congestive heart failure.
- Clomipramine is contraindicated in patients with existing liver or kidney damage and should not be administered to patients with a history of blood dyscrasias.
- Clomipramine is contraindicated in patients with glaucoma, as the condition may be aggravated due to the atropine-like effects of the drug.