Cylert (CNS Stimulant)Tweet
Generic Name: Pemoline
Uses of Cylert:
Cylert is used to treat attention-deficit disorder in children over the age of six. It should be part of a total treatment program, which typically includes psychological and social counseling.
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Cylert tablet:
Take pemoline only as directed by your doctor . Do not take more of it, do not take it more often, and do not take it for a longer time than your doctor ordered. If too much is taken, it may become habit-forming.
Side Effects of Cylert:
Some common side effects reported with this medicine include:
- allergic skin reactions,
- fluid retention,
- dry mouth
- difficulty sleeping or drowsiness,
- stomach pain, or
- loss of appetite.
Warnings and precautions for Cylert:
- Pemoline is not recommended for children less than 6 years since its safety and efficacy in this age group have not been established.
- Patients who are receiving pemoline concurrently with other drugs, especially drugs with CNS activity, should be monitored carefully.
- Clinical experience suggests that in psychotic children, administration of pemoline may exacerbate symptoms of behavior disturbance and thought disorder.
- Pemoline should be administered with caution to patients with significantly impaired hepatic or renal function.
- This medicine may cause some people to become dizzy or less alert than they are normally. Make sure you know how you react to this medicine before you ride a bicycle or do anything else that could be dangerous if you are dizzy or are not alert .
- The decision to prescribe pemoline should depend on the physician's assessment of the chronicity and severity of the child's symptoms and their appropriateness for his/her age.
- Safety for use during pregnancy and lactation has not been established. Although CNS stimulants are seldom indicated after puberty, it should be borne in mind that pemoline should not be used during pregnancy or in women who may become pregnant.
- Liver function tests should be performed prior to and periodically during therapy with pemoline.
- If you take this medicine in large doses for a long time, do not stop taking it without first checking with your doctor. Your doctor may want you to reduce gradually the amount you are taking before stopping completely.
- Drug treatment is not indicated in all cases of ADD with hyperactivity and should be considered only in light of complete history and evaluation of the child.
What to do if you take Overdose of Cylert tablet?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Cylert?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Cylert:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
Cylert is available as:
Each monogrammed, grooved tablet contains: Pemoline 37.5 mg or 75 mg. Also contains cornstarch and lactose. Alcohol-free, gluten-free, paraben-free, sucrose-free, sulfite-free and tartrazine-free. Bottles of 100.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Alphabatical list of Medicines
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part I
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part II: Index of Mental Health Medications.
Children's Medications Chart
Cymbalta sometimes used to treat anxiety disorders.
Cymbalta and weight gain
Cymbalta loss weight
Cymbalta and ocd
Cymbalta for depression
Cymbalta and fibromyalgia
Bipolar disorder trileptal
Trileptal side effects
Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine
Clomipramine side effects
Mirtazapine side effects
BUY MEDICINES - YOUR ONLINE GUIDE TO BUYING DEPRESSION MEDICATIONS AND OTHER MENTAL HEALTH RELATED MEDICINES