Information on Desyrel, its uses, side effects and precautionsTweet
Generic Name: Trazodone
Uses of Trazolan:
Desyrel (Trazodone), an antidepressant -mood elevator, is used to treat depression. Desyrel is a psychoactive compound with sedative and anti-depressant properties. Desyrel may also be used for relief of an anxiety disorder (e.g., sleeplessness, tension) and chronic pain.
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Desyrel:
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Side Effects of Desyrel:
Some common side effects reported with Desyrel medicine include:
- difficulty in concentration,
- Dry mouth,
- blurred vision
- gastrointestinal discomfort
Warnings and precautions for Desyrel:
- Desyrel may enhance the response to alcohol and the effects of barbiturates and other CNS depressants and patients should be cautioned accordingly.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Desyrel or any other drugs.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications.
- The number of tablets prescribed at any one time should take into account this possibility, and patients with suicide ideation should never have access to large quantities of Desyrel.
- Desyrel is not recommended for use during the initial recovery phase of myocardial infarction.
What to do if you take Overdose of Desyrel?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Desyrel?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Desyrel:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Alphabatical list of Medicines
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part I
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part II: Index of Mental Health Medications.
Children's Medications Chart
Cymbalta sometimes used to treat anxiety disorders.
Cymbalta and weight gain
Cymbalta loss weight
Cymbalta and ocd
Cymbalta for depression
Cymbalta and fibromyalgia
Bipolar disorder trileptal
Trileptal side effects
Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine
Clomipramine side effects
Mirtazapine side effects
BUY MEDICINES - YOUR ONLINE GUIDE TO BUYING DEPRESSION MEDICATIONS AND OTHER MENTAL HEALTH RELATED MEDICINES