Generic Name: dothiepin
Drug Class: Antidepressant, TCA
Uses of Dosulepine:
Dosulepine is used to treat depression. Dosulepine (Dothiepin Hydrochloride) is a tricyclic antidepressant which has anxiolytic properties.
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Dosulepine:
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Side Effects of Dosulepine:
Some common side effects reported with this medicine include:
- dry mouth,
- metallic taste,
- urinary retention,
- pupillary dilatation with blurred vision
- drowsiness, nervousness and insomnia, headache,
- peripheral neuropathy tremor, orthostatic hypotension, occasionally hypertension,
- dizziness, sweating, weakness and fatigue,
- speech difficulties,
- nausea and vomiting
Warnings and precautions for Dosulepine:
- At the time of initiation of therapy patients should be advised not to drive a motor vehicle, climb dangerous heights or operate dangerous machinery, for at least several days. In these situations impaired decision making could lead to accidents.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications.
- Safety in pregnancy and lactation has not been established.
Dosulepine should not be given concurrently or within 14 days of treatment with MAO inhibitory medicine.
- It is inadvisable to use catecholamine-containing local anaesthetics in patients receiving Dosulepine.
It is inadvisable to give Dosulepine to patients with recent myocardial infarction or a cardiac arrhythmia.
What to do if you take Overdose of Dosulepine?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Dosulepine?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Dosulepine:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Alphabatical list of Medicines
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part I
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part II: Index of Mental Health Medications.
Children's Medications Chart
Cymbalta sometimes used to treat anxiety disorders.
Cymbalta and weight gain
Cymbalta loss weight
Cymbalta and ocd
Cymbalta for depression
Cymbalta and fibromyalgia
Bipolar disorder trileptal
Trileptal side effects
Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine
Clomipramine side effects
Mirtazapine side effects
BUY MEDICINES - YOUR ONLINE GUIDE TO BUYING DEPRESSION MEDICATIONS AND OTHER MENTAL HEALTH RELATED MEDICINES