Edronax (Reboxetine) drug, Edronax OrderTweet
Generic Name: Reboxetine
Uses of Edronax:
Edronax is an antidepressant known as a selective noradrenaline re-uptake inhibitor. Edronax is indicated for the treatment of depressive illness and for maintaining the clinical improvement in patients initially responding to treatment. This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Reboxetine works by preventing this re-absorption of noradrenaline back into the nerve cells. Therefore, it helps prolong the mood-lightening effect of any released noradrenaline. This helps relieve depression.
How to Take Edronax:
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Side Effects of Edronax:
Some common side effects reported with this medicine include:
- Increased sweating,
- Weakness or tiredness
Warnings and precautions for Edronax
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Edronax or any other drugs.
- Combined usage of MAO inhibitors and Edronax should be avoided.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had glaucoma, an enlarged prostate, difficulty urinating, seizures, brain tumors, head injuries, an overactive thyroid gland, or liver, kidney, or heart disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Edronax, call your doctor immediately.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking Edronax.
- Since rare cases of seizures have been reported in clinical studies, reboxetine should be given under close supervision to subjects with a history of convulsive disorders and it should be discontinued if the patient develops seizures.
- Remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you use tobacco products. Cigarette smoking may decrease the effectiveness of this drug.
What to do if you take Overdose of Edronax?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center. In the case of overdose, close supervision including monitoring of cardiac function and vital signs is recommended.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Edronax?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Edronax:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.