Lomont (Lofepramine) dosageTweet
Generic Name: Lofepramine
Uses of Lomont:
Lomont is used for treating Depression. Lomont works by preventing this re-absorption of noradrenaline and serotonin back into the nerve cells. Therefore, it helps prolong the mood-lightening effect of any released noradrenaline and serotonin. This helps relieve depression.
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Lomont:
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Side Effects of Lomont:
Some common side effects reported with this medicine include:
- Weakness or tiredness
- Excitement or anxiety
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
- Skin more sensitive to sunlight than usual
- Changes in appetite or weight
Warnings and precautions for Lomont
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Lomont or any other drugs.
- This medicine may cause low blood sodium levels (hyponatraemia), which can result in drowsiness, confusion, muscle twitching or convulsions. Consult your doctor if you develop any of these symptoms while taking this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had glaucoma, an enlarged prostate, difficulty urinating, seizures, brain tumors, head injuries, an overactive thyroid gland, or liver, kidney, or heart disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Lomont, call your doctor immediately.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking Lomont.
- You should know that this drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you.
- Remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you use tobacco products. Cigarette smoking may decrease the effectiveness of this drug.
- Treatment with this medicine should not be stopped suddenly, but withdrawn gradually according to directions from your doctor. Abrupt withdrawal may cause symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, headache, giddiness, chills, insomnia or anxiety.
What to do if you take Overdose of Lomont?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Lomont?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Lomont:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.