Pertofrane uses and side effectsTweet
Brand Name: Desipramine
Drug Class: Antidepressant, Tricyclic
Uses of Pertofrane:
Pertofrane, an antidepressant (mood elevator), is used to treat depression. Pertofrane also is used occasionally to treat eating disorders and cocaine withdrawal.
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Pertofrane:
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Pertofrane Side Effects:
Some common side effects reported with this medicine include:
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Weight gain
Warnings and precautions for Pertofrane:
- Pertofrane can interact with the MAOIs, so you should not start taking Pertofrane until two weeks after you have been taking any of the MAOIs.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Pertofrane, aspirin, tartrazine (a yellow dye in some processed foods and drugs), or any other drugs.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription drugs you are taking especially anticoagulants; antihistamines; cimetidine; estrogens; fluoxetine; levodopa; lithium; MAO inhibitors, tranylcypromine; medication for high blood pressure, seizures, Parkinson's disease, diabetes, asthma, colds, or allergies; methylphenidate (Ritalin); muscle relaxants; oral contraceptives; sedatives; sleeping pills; thyroid medications; tranquilizers; and vitamins.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Pertofrane, call your doctor immediately.
- This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Alcoholic beverages can increase the side effects of this medicine and should be avoided.
- Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you.
What to do if you take Overdose of Pertofrane?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Desipramine?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Pertofrane:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Alphabatical list of Medicines
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part I
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part II: Index of Mental Health Medications.
Children's Medications Chart
Cymbalta sometimes used to treat anxiety disorders.
Cymbalta and weight gain
Cymbalta loss weight
Cymbalta and ocd
Cymbalta for depression
Cymbalta and fibromyalgia
Bipolar disorder trileptal
Trileptal side effects
Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine
Clomipramine side effects
Mirtazapine side effects
BUY MEDICINES - YOUR ONLINE GUIDE TO BUYING DEPRESSION MEDICATIONS AND OTHER MENTAL HEALTH RELATED MEDICINES