Rimarex uses and side effectsTweet
Generic Name: Moclobemide ( moe-KLOE-be-mide)
Brand Name: Manerix
Rimarex - Moclobemide (Aurorix) is antidepressant - reversible inhibitor of MAO type or reversible inhibitors of monoamine oxidase type A (RIMAs) . The RIMAs agents are distinguished from the older monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) by their selectivity and reversibility.
Uses of Rimarex:
Aurorix used to relieve certain types of mental depression. It works by blocking the action of a chemical substance known as monoamine oxidase (MAO) in the nervous system. Rimarex and sites on Rimarex.
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Rimarex:
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Side Effects of Rimarex:
The more common side-effects of Rimarex include:
- Sleep disturbances
- Nausea and headaches
- Disturbed sleep
- Feeling of confusion
- Feeling of fullness
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash
Warnings and precautions for Rimarex:
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Rimarex or any other drugs.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications.
- This medicine should not be taken with MAO inhibitors. If you think you are taking an MAO inhibitor talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not stop taking this medicine without first checking with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Rimarex, call your doctor immediately.
- Before having any kind of surgery, dental treatment, or emergency treatment, tell the medical doctor or dentist in charge that you are using this medicine or have used it within the past 2 weeks .
- Make sure you know how you react to this medicine before you drive, use machines, or do anything else that could be dangerous if you are unable to see well or are not alert.
What to do if you take Overdose of Rimarex?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Rimarex?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Rimarex:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.