Tolvon drug benefits and side effcetsTweet
Uses of Tolvon:
Tolvon is used for the treatment of depression. Its active substance belongs to the piperazino-azepine group of compounds which are chemically not related to the tricyclic antidepressants (TAD's).
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Tolvon:
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. A dose lower than the normal maintenance dose may be sufficient for a satisfactory clinical response. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Side Effects of Tolvon:
Some common side effects reported with this medicine include:
- Drowsiness has been reported to occur in the first days of treatment
- blurred vision, dry mouth and constipation do not usually increase during treatment with TOLVON
- Blood dyscrasias, convulsions, hypomania, hypotension, disturbances of liver function, arthralgia, oedema and gynaecomastia have occasionally been reported.
Warnings and precautions for Tolvon:
- TOLVON may potentiate the central nervous depressant action of alcohol and patients should be advised to avoid taking alcohol during treatment.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications.
- TOLVON, like other antidepressants, may precipitate hypomania in susceptible subjects with bipolar depressive illness. In such a case treatment with TOLVON should be withdrawn.
- In general, depressed patients treated with antidepressants should avoid the performance of such hazardous tasks as driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.
- When treating patients with diabetes or cardiac, hepatic or renal insufficiency, normal precautions should be exercised and the dosages of any concomitant therapy kept under review. Patients with narrow angle glaucoma or symptoms suggestive of prostatic hypertrophy should also be monitored even though anticholinergic side-effects are not anticipated with TOLVON therapy.
What to do if you take Overdose of Tolvon?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Tolvon?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Tolvon:
Store below 25°C. Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.