What is XANAX (alprazolam)?Tweet
XANAX is also called Alprazolam (it is in a class of drugs called benzodiazepines.) XANAX is a prescription medication for the treatment of patients with panic disorder and other illness.
What are the Uses of XANAX?
- nervousness, and tension associated with anxiety disorders.
- Xanax is also effective in the treatment of activity depression
- panic attacks.
- useful in irritable bowel syndrome and anxiety due to a neurosis as well.
- panic disorders
How does XANAX treat depression and anxiety?
All the benzodiazepines appear to work by enhancing the actions of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid, which reduces nerve impulse transmissions and slows down certain brain activity.
What are the side effects of XANAX?
- reduced sexual drive
- memory impairment,
- clumsiness, or
Dosage of XANAX:
XANAX can be taken just once a day, usually in the morning, for steady all-day efficacy. XANAX is a prescription medication for the treatment of patients with panic disorder who need to take XANAX on a daily basis. Consult your Doctor of all prescription and over-the-counter medicine that you are taking.
Warnings of XANAX:
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
- it should not be used if you are allergic to benzodiazepines
- Follow the directions for using this medicine provided by your doctor
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from heat and light.
- Exceeding the recommended dose or taking this medicine for longer than prescribed may be habit-forming.
- Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to this medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using this medicine during pregnancy.
- Do not breast feed while taking this medicine.