What is XANAX (alprazolam)?Tweet
XANAX is also called Alprazolam (it is in a class of drugs called benzodiazepines.) XANAX is a prescription medication for the treatment of patients with panic disorder and other illness.
What are the Uses of XANAX?
- nervousness, and tension associated with anxiety disorders.
- Xanax is also effective in the treatment of activity depression
- panic attacks.
- useful in irritable bowel syndrome and anxiety due to a neurosis as well.
- panic disorders
How does XANAX treat depression and anxiety?
All the benzodiazepines appear to work by enhancing the actions of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid, which reduces nerve impulse transmissions and slows down certain brain activity.
What are the side effects of XANAX?
- reduced sexual drive
- memory impairment,
- clumsiness, or
Dosage of XANAX:
XANAX can be taken just once a day, usually in the morning, for steady all-day efficacy. XANAX is a prescription medication for the treatment of patients with panic disorder who need to take XANAX on a daily basis. Consult your Doctor of all prescription and over-the-counter medicine that you are taking.
Warnings of XANAX:
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
- it should not be used if you are allergic to benzodiazepines
- Follow the directions for using this medicine provided by your doctor
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from heat and light.
- Exceeding the recommended dose or taking this medicine for longer than prescribed may be habit-forming.
- Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to this medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using this medicine during pregnancy.
- Do not breast feed while taking this medicine.
What are side effects of antidepressant other than Xanax?
Check the list of all medicines other than xanas.
How long will I need to use antidepressant? Also find many other faqs on antidepressant medication and xanax.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Alphabatical list of Medicines
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part I
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part II: Index of Mental Health Medications.
Children's Medications Chart
Cymbalta sometimes used to treat anxiety disorders.
Cymbalta and weight gain
Cymbalta loss weight
Cymbalta and ocd
Cymbalta for depression
Cymbalta and fibromyalgia
Bipolar disorder trileptal
Trileptal side effects
Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine
Clomipramine side effects
Mirtazapine side effects
BUY MEDICINES - YOUR ONLINE GUIDE TO BUYING DEPRESSION MEDICATIONS AND OTHER MENTAL HEALTH RELATED MEDICINES