Zarontin (anticonvulsant properties)Tweet
Gerneric Name: Ethosuximide
Uses of Zarontin:
Zarontin is used to treat a type of seizure called absence (petit mal). Zarontin acts on the brain and nervous system in the treatment of epilepsy.
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Zarontin capsule:
Zarontin comes as a capsule and liquid to take by mouth. It is taken one, two, or three times a day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take Zarontin exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Continue to take Zarontin even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Zarontin without talking to your doctor, especially if you have taken large doses for a long time. Abruptly stopping the drug can cause seizures. Your doctor probably will decrease your dose gradually.
Side Effects of Zarontin:
Some common side effects reported with this medicine include:
- allergic skin reactions,
- fluid retention,
- dry mouth,
- Rarely, serious hematologic, hepatic, cardiovascular and dermatologic reactions
Warnings and precautions for Zarontin:
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Zarontin or any other drugs.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially other seizure medications, doxycycline (Vibramycin), Isoniazid (INH), medications for colds or allergies such as chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton), medications for depression such as amitriptyline (Elavil), oral contraceptives, and vitamins. Zarontin affects the action of other medications, and many medications can affect the action of Zarontin. Tell your doctor and pharmacist everything you are taking.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney or liver disease or a blood disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Zarontin, call your doctor immediately. Zarontin may harm the fetus.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking Zarontin.
- You should know that this drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you.
- Remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug.
- Plan to avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Zarontin may make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
What to do if you take Overdose of Zarontin capsule?
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control center.
What to do if you take Missed Dose of Zarontin?
Take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How to Store Zarontin:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Alphabatical list of Medicines
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part I
NIMH Medications Booklet- Part II: Index of Mental Health Medications.
Children's Medications Chart
Cymbalta sometimes used to treat anxiety disorders.
Cymbalta and weight gain
Cymbalta loss weight
Cymbalta and ocd
Cymbalta for depression
Cymbalta and fibromyalgia
Bipolar disorder trileptal
Trileptal side effects
Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine
Clomipramine side effects
Mirtazapine side effects
BUY MEDICINES - YOUR ONLINE GUIDE TO BUYING DEPRESSION MEDICATIONS AND OTHER MENTAL HEALTH RELATED MEDICINES