How to Get Rid of Depressive Disorder NOSTweet
If a patient exhibits the depressive symptoms as the major feature of their disorder, but does not meet the criteria for any other mood disorder or any other mental disorder, then the depressive disorder, NOS is used.
Diagnostic Criteria ( DSM-IVT ) made easy.
Depressive Disorder Not Otherwise Specified.
- Symptoms of depressive disorder that do not meet the criteria of any specific depressive disorder.
Facts and Tips about Depressive Disorder NOS
- NOS a mental disorder discribed by an all-encompassing low mood accompanied by low self-esteem, and loss of interest or pleasure in normally enjoyable activities.
- NOS also lead to minor depressive disorder and recurrent brief depressive disorder.
- In case of NOS approximately 3.4% of people with major depression commit suicide, and up to 60% of all people who commit suicide have depression or another mood disorder.
- Person with NOS have some symptoms poor concentration and memory, withdrawal from social situations and activities, reduced sex drive, and thoughts of death or suicide, insomnia, loss of sleep, loss of appetite, fatigue, headaches and digestive problems.
- If you have some symptoms of NOS you should consult your doctor.
- For prevent NOS used group therapy make small groups meet regularly to share experiences and feelings. It is frequently used to treat addictions such as alcoholism.
I need to know if the Diagnosis Major Depression 296.00 by history should ever be changed to Depressive Disorder NOS 311.00? Under what circumstances does the Major Depression stand as "by history" or is it erased/ excluded/ or somehow deleted if by with treatment and medications the criteria of Major Depression seem to appear in remission. HELP! - Cheryl Butera