Fixing Relationship Problem with HumorTweet
Humor is very important and its role in relationships in any form of short term or long-term commitment cannot be denied. In new relationships, it can be an effective method not just for attracting the other person but also for removing awkwardness or embarrassment that comes during dating or in the way of knowing each other. Humor can keep things fresh and exciting in longer-term relationships. It can also help you overcome arguments, disagreements, and the tiny conflicts than can build up over time.
Role of Humor in Relationships
Sharing the pleasure of humor creates a sense of intimacy and connection between two people—qualities that define solid, successful relationships. When you laugh with one another, you create a positive bond between you. This bond acts as a strong buffer against stress, disagreements, disappointments, and bad patches in a relationship. And laughter really is contagious—just hearing someone laugh primes you to smile and join in on the fun. But don’t worry if you’re not naturally a light hearted, humorous person—you can learn to access your playful side and develop your sense of fun.
Humor can help you and your loved one:
1. Form a stronger bond to each other. Your health and happiness depend, to a large degree, on the quality of your relationships—and laughter binds people together.
2. Smooth over differences. Using gentle humor often helps you address even the most sensitive relationship issues, such as sex or in-laws.
3. Diffuse tension. A well-timed joke can ease a tense situation and help you resolve disagreements.
4. Overcome problems and setbacks. A sense of humor is the key to resilience. It helps you take hardships in stride, weather disappointment, and bounce back from adversity and loss.
5. Put things into perspective. Most situations are not as bleak as they appear to be when looked at from a playful and humorous point of view. Humor can help you re-frame problems that might otherwise seem overwhelming and damage a relationship.
6. Be more creative. Humor and playfulness can loosen you up, energize your thinking, and inspire creative problem solving for any relationship issue.
Mental health benefits of humor and laughter
Laughter is strong medicine for both the body and the mind. It helps you stay balanced, energetic, joyful, and healthy. When your body is relaxed and energized, you are better able to think and communicate clearly. This helps you keep your own emotions in check, relate in a positive way to others, and resolve conflict. Laughter is a powerful antidote to depression and anxiety.
Humor and relationship issues
Humor isn’t a miracle cure for relationship issues however it will be a crucial tool to assist you overcome the rough spots that afflict each relationship from time to time. Whether or not your relationship issues stem from problems connected to cash, sex, commitment, health, employment, parenting designs, or growing apart, you'll use humor to assist resolve issues and strengthen relationships.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
- Building Relationship with Your Child
- Secure Attachment and Bonding
- Co-Parenting Tips for Divorced Parents
- Step Parenting and Blended Parenting
- Children and Divorce
- Coping with Breakup or Divorce
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Fixing Relationship Problem with Humor
- How to be a Better Grandparents
- Grandparents raising Grandchildren
- How to Build a Secure Bond with Your Baby?
- Attachment Issues and Reactive Attachment Disorder
- When your Baby won't Stop Crying
- Choosing the Best Nanny
- Attachment and Adult Relations
- How to Find Lasting Love?