Herbal Home Remedy for HeadacheTweet
Headaches can develop for a number of reasons usually they can be related to some obvious cause such as sinusitis, eyestrain, fatigue or tension. The majority of the headaches are due to stress or worries with muscle spasms in the neck leading to headache.
Try these home remedy for headache:
- Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder in one teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply mixture to the location of pain.
- Take a few drops of ghee (clarified butter) on your palm. Mix 3 or 4 pieces of saffron in it, and rub it for two minutes. The saffron does not dissolve in the ghee, but its qualities are absorbed. Remove saffron and put two drops of this ghee in each nostril. · Dosage: Follow procedure twice a day.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of milk and half teaspoon of ginger powder and put one or Dosage; two drops in each nostril twice a day.
- Cut a lime in half, rub on forehead.
- In case of headaches caused by sun radiations, flowers of henna are found effective. Rub the henna flowers in vinegar and apply it all over your head. This home remedy will give instant relief.
- For headaches, eat a banana every time the linger headaches appear.
- Do not skip meals, especially for migraine sufferers.
- When headache is caused by cold winds, cinnamon works best in curing headache. Make a paste of cinnamon by mixing in water and apply it all over your forehead.
- Use heat: a warm washcloth or a hot water bottle can ease pain
- Lying down in a dark, silent room may also relieve headaches. This can be combined with massage or pressure application to the bridge of the nose. Also, applying a damp, cool cloth when lying down should help alleviate the pain.
Benefits of Herbal Home Remedy for Headache
. prevent excessive vaso-dilation and constriction
. relieve muscular tension
. balance hormones
. improve digestion
. relieve sinus congestion
. relieve pain.
. circulatory tonics
. rubefacients relaxants
. digestive tonics
. hormonal herbs
. pain relievers
. mucous membrane tonics.