Teenage, Adolescent and Childhood Obesity helpTweet
Obesity is the commonest eating disorder, which has become epidemic in some developed countries. It is usually caused by a combination of constitutional and social factors, but binge eating disorder and psychological determinants of 'comfort eating' should be excluded.
Fitness tips for obesity
- Light cardiovascular exercises like swimming, cycling, biking, yoga, treadmill walking.
- Low resistence weight training.
- Eat less, burn more.
- High intensity workouts are a no-no (as they put pressure on the knees).
Facts and Tips about Obesity
- Obesity is a state of having extreme body fats. It is long term disorder and reduces life span.
- Obesity is estimated by body mass index (BMI). If person having BMI greater than 30 then that person is considered as obese.
- Obesity may invite other diseases such as Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke, insulin resistance, osteoarthritis, metabolic syndrome, thrombosis, liver and gallbladder disease, cancer and gynecological problems.
- Genetic, overeating, eating high-fat foods, slow metabolism, physically inactive, psycological factors, medicines and specific diseases may cause obesity.
- Physical exercise, dieting, herbal fen/phen, surgery, anti-obesity drugs, behavior changes are useful in treatment of obesity.
- It is spread all over world but more common in America and percentage of having obesity in children is also highly increased.