Trauma Disorder DSM - IV Criteria, Cause, Treatment, Symptoms, MedicationTweet
Have you wondered about the emotional aftermath of any traumatic event which has occured in your life? Can they be as devastating as any other physical damage? The simple answer is Yes. It does not matter whether the trauma starts from any personal accident natural calamity, they have equally devastating effect on our sense of security and well being. It can easily leave us helpless and numb.
As said by elders in the time of despair, your inner strength takes you forward and helps you in recovering - may god give you strength, etc. No feeling is right or wrong after going through Trauma. You need to help yourself work towards reduction of pain, fear and grief. Get over things and regain your equilibrium.
List of Trauma Disorders
|Trauma Disorder||Short Description|
|Acute stress disorder||Acute Stress Disorder is a anxiety disorder that develops within one month after a severe traumatic event or experience.|
|Adjustment Disorder||Adjustment disorder is an abnormal and excessive reaction to a life stressor, such as starting school, getting divorced, or grief.|
|Depersonalization Disorder||Depersonalization Disorder is where a person "looks at themselves from the outside", and observes their own physical actions or mental processes as if they were an observer instead of themselves.|
|Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)||Dissociative identity disorder is serious and chronic and may lead to disability and incapacity. It is associated with a high incidence of suicide attempts and is believed to be more likely to end in suicide than any other mental disorder. Dissociative Identity Disorder Symptom|
|Panic Disorder||The Panic Disorder usually makes the person believe that they are either seriously ill or about to die, and can leave the person feeling distressed or shaken for quite a while afterwards.|
|Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)||Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is when persistent worry and anxiety about your health, work, money or family last for at least six months, even when there are no signs of trouble in your life. Symptoms, Treatment, Medication|
|Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)||Posttraumatic Stress Disorder is a complex health condition that can develop in response to a traumatic experience - a life-threatening or extremely distressing situation that causes a person to feel intense fear, horror or a sense of helplessness. PTSD Symptom, Childhood PTSD|
Facts and Tips for Trauma Disorders
- Repetitive motion disorders, carpal tunnel syndrome are the other names of trauma disorder and it consists of musculoskeletal problems.
- Trauma disorders caused by repetitive, push and pull activities, lifting of some heavy objects.
- Pain, inflammation, reddishness, awkwardness, fracture or splitting of joints and scratching these are the symptoms of the trauma disorder.
- Various parts of the body like wrist, tennis elbow, tendon, neck and shoulder are affected due to trauma disorders.
- Trauma disorders are equally found in men and women.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs, pain killers are effective to reduce pain and redness and in some cases surgery is must.
- Perform stretching exercises to relieve muscle pain carpal tunnel disorder caused due to trauma disorder.