Brain Injury RehabilitationTweet
Just as no two people are alike, no two brain injuries are alike. Appropriate treatment and rehabilitation will vary from individual to individual. Clearly, if it was worthwhile to save head injured individuals, programs which addressed cognitive and behavioral problems and thus improved the quality of life for survivors and their families were required. Since psychologists are trained in evaluating and changing behavior and cognition, their role in rehabilitation needed to be expanded to achieve maximum rehabilitation.
Many rehabilitation professionals expect head injured individuals to cease making progress, at some point in their treatment program. This belief usually terminates the formal rehabilitation program and ignores what we know about human development: growth ceases only with death. This treatment program is generally provided through a coordinated and self-organized process in the context of a transdisciplinary model of team healthcare delivery.
This model keeps the primary focus on the overarching goal of optimizing patient function and independence through the coordinated application of discipline-specific expertise brought to bear on this issue by individual experts from various specific disciplinary backgrounds.
How to choose a Rehabilitation center for Brain Injury
If your physician does not suggest a specific rehabilitation facility for you, call the Admission Office at facilities within your insurance plan or provider network. Prepare a written list of questions to ask and have a notebook handy to keep all this information in one place. Here are some key questions:
- Do you treat brain tumor patients?
- Do you have an existing brain tumor or brain injury program in place?
- Ask them to mail information to you about their facility and their programs.
- Ask to speak with patients who have been through their programs to hear their opinions.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Drug Rehabilitation Center
- Rehabilitation Programs
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Drug Rehabilitation Facility
- Drug Rehabilitation for Teens
- Drug Rehabilitation Program
- Knee Rehabilitation
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers
- Rehabilitation Product
- Rehabilitation Services
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Criminal Rehabilitation
- NovaCare Rehabilitation
- Occupational Rehabilitation
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Physical Rehabilitation Therapy
- Rehabilitation Center
- Rehabilitation Clinic
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Program
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Center
- Rehabilitation Equipment
- Rehabilitation Facility
- Rehabilitation Hospital
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Prisoner Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services