In medicine, a process to restore mental and/or physical abilities lost to injury or disease, in order to function in a normal or near-normal way is called as Rehabilitation. It includes therapeutical measures to re-establish health and the ability to work after sickness or accidents. the process of treating and training a person with a disability to achieve maximum function and independence.
What Rehabilitation Clinics provides?
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitation for seniors
- Work injury rehabilitation
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Certified Hand therapy
- Anodyne therapy
- Aquatic therapy
- Women's health
- Pediatric rehabilitation
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Wound Care
- Brucker Method of EMG Biofeedback
Functions of a Rehabilitation Clinic
- Consultative medical service - health staff on hand.
- Nursing - health advice, education, counselling and monitoring.
- Physiotherapy - group and individual treatments which aim to help clients improve or maintain flexibility, strength and movement.
- Occupational therapy - group and individual treatments.
- Social work - help for clients and their carers to cope with family problems, like finances or accommodation needs.
- Speech pathology - to help people with speech disorders to communicate.
- Podiatry - diagnosis and treatment of foot and lower limb problems.
- Dietetics - nutrition programs tailored for the individual.