Traumatic Brain Injury RehabilitationTweet
Traumatic brain injury (TBI), also called acquired brain injury occurs when a sudden trauma causes damage to the brain. TBI can result when the head suddenly and violently hits an object, or when an object pierces the skull and enters brain tissue.
Symptoms of a TBI can be mild, moderate, or severe, depending on the extent of the damage to the brain. The consequences of TBI can severely and permanently change a person's life, resulting in family disruption, loss of income and earning potential, and considerable expense over a lifetime.
Goal of a Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation program
The purpose of rehabilitation programs is to reduce disabilities while obtaining the maximum independence and best quality of life in the least restrictive setting for patients. As with all rehabilitation, the goal is to help the person achieve the maximum degree of return to their previous level of functioning. TBI rehabilitation is best managed by a specialised interdisciplinary team of health professional. TBI rehabilitation often consists of two phases — inpatient and community management.
- Inpatient management is required for those with more severe and acute physical, cognitive and/or behavioural deficits. The focus is on issues such as PTA monitoring, retraining in activities of daily living, pain management, cognitive and behavioural therapies, pharmacological management, assistive technology, environmental manipulation, as well as family education and counselling.
- Community rehabilitation follows discharge from an inpatient rehabilitation service. Helping a person with TBI return to maximum independence and participation in the community is an extremely difficult task. Family support, education and counselling are vital and likely to be needed for a prolonged period.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Drug Rehabilitation Center
- Rehabilitation Programs
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Drug Rehabilitation Facility
- Drug Rehabilitation for Teens
- Drug Rehabilitation Program
- Knee Rehabilitation
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers
- Rehabilitation Product
- Rehabilitation Services
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Criminal Rehabilitation
- NovaCare Rehabilitation
- Occupational Rehabilitation
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Physical Rehabilitation Therapy
- Rehabilitation Center
- Rehabilitation Clinic
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Program
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Center
- Rehabilitation Equipment
- Rehabilitation Facility
- Rehabilitation Hospital
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Prisoner Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services