How to calm down?Tweet
In the condition of despair and anger, one needs nothing but to be calm and soothe himself. For that, you have to find out exactly what helps you relax through your own experience.
Basic Steps to soothe and calm yourself
Here are some basic steps which you can follow to soothe yourself:
- Breathe in deeply through your nose on a slow count of five.
- Breathe from your stomach by pushing your stomach out as you breathe in.
- Breathe out through your mouth on a slow count of ten.
- Repeat the above three steps two more times.
Tips to make you calm and soothe
- If you feel light-headed breathe more slowly.
- Practice the steps given above three times a day. This will help in all possible ways and you will also remember the steps when you are stressed out.
- Many people find that they calm down while out in nature.
- Being in nature means backpacking in the wilderness, whereas to others it means sitting in a lawn chair in the backyard while drinking a beer and turning a nice steak into a piece of charcoal.
- Whatever helps you relax will also help you feel content, so do more of it.
- Take a Walk - exercise can be a great stress reliever in itself, as it helps you blow off steam and releases endorphins.
- Taking a walk when stressed provides the bonus of getting you out of the stressful situation and providing some perspective so you can return in a new frame of mind.
- Take a breath - If you're not in a position to leave, you can feel better right away by practicing breathing exercises.
Getting more oxygen into your body and releasing physical tension are two ways that breathing exercises can benefit you.
- Once you've been able to calm down, you should be in a better position to address whatever stressful situations you're expriencing. It's also a good idea to adopt a few regular stress relievers and healthy lifestyle habits so that you can reduce your overall stress level so that you experience less stress and are less bothered by the stressful situations you do encounter.
Everyone gets overwhelmed by life sometimes, your fienrds included. As a friend, its your duty to try to keep them from spinning out of control. Don't sugar-coat. Denying their problems will just make them feel silly and make you look like a jerk. Let them know that it's understandable that they should feel the way they do. Try to direct the conversation away from destructive areas and toward making positive changes in their attitude. Remind them of the positive things. Nobody's life is a complete disaster. Show them that they have things to be thankful for.