How to Eliminate Stress?Tweet
Stress is what you feel when the demands on your life exceed your ability to meet those demands. Stress is caused when we want things, situations or people to be different from they ar. Eliminating stress in your life is a proactive approach to dealing with stress. Create a lifestyle that doesn't feed on stress, but is resilent to it.
If your living and working environments are badly organized then they can be a major source of stress. If your environment is well organized and pleasant, then it can help to reduce stress and increase productivity. Remember though that while it may be important for people under stress to have a calm environment, others may enjoy the raised levels of arousal associated with the 'buzz' of a busy office. While the points listed may each contribute only in a small way to creating a more pleasant environment, taken together they can have a significant effect in reducing stress.
How to eliminate Stress?
- Become aware of your stressors and your emotional and physical reactions. Notice your distress. Don't ignore it. Don't gloss over your problems. Determine how your body responds to the stress. Do you become nervous or physically upset? If so, in what specific ways?
- Build your physical reserves - exercise for cardiovascular fitness three to four times a week. Eat well-balanced, nutritious meals. Maintain your ideal weight.
Avoid nicotine, excessive caffeine, and other stimulants. Mix leisure with work. Take breaks and get away when you can. Get enough sleep. Be as consistent with your sleep schedule as possible.
- Maintain your emotional reserves - develop some mutually supportive friendships/relationships. Pursue realistic goals which are meaningful to you, rather than goals others have for you that you do not share. Expect some frustrations, failures, and sorrows. Always be kind and gentle with yourself -- be a friend to yourself.
- Learning to say no to opportunities and requests so you don't create unrealistic demands on yourself. What can you start saying, no to in your life. Saying no is a skill that can be developed. You have the power to choose so start taking a proactive approach to your life.
- Make your environment beautiful -what can you do to make your surroundings beautiful? Start noticing the beauty around you. This small act can be very meaningful in regard to the quality of your life.
How will this reduce stress?
- Even trying to relax in bed, you are aware of impending deadlines, unfinished projects and things left undone. Promise yourself a reward if you find that helps reduce your tendency to procrastinate.
- You can attend a stress management class - by employing various mental techniques, stress management classes attempt to help you identify situations that have caused you large amounts of stress and to change your stressful thinking processes.
- You can see a counselor - seeing a counselor definitely has its benefits. A counselor can sometimes help you or your employees to identify the situations that have caused stress and to change the thinking processes.
- You can get therapy - therapy has the highest likelihood of producing a lasting change in your letting go of stress and developing effective stress management techniques. The problem with therapy alone is it is often a long, costly and painful process.