The alternative names of the brain tumor are ependymoma, cancer, medulloblastoma and oligodendroglioma. Brain tumor is a growth of new abnormal cells due to uncontrolled cell division in the tissue of the brain. The brain control and perform the all activities of the body. The first stage of the brain tumor is primary brain tumor. The brain tumor spread in the brain tumor as well as in body parts also.
Brain tumor is a serious is a disease which can cause to the death of person. Brain tumor most common in children while in adult it ranges from the age of 50 to 55 years. The 2.5% people causes death due to obtain tumor in United State. It causes to the both men and women.
Classification of Brain Tumor
There are several forms of brain tumor are available. Out of these some forms are mixed forms. But most important types are primary brain tumor and Secondary brain tumor.
- Primary Brain Tumor - The primary tumor occurs in the brain tissue. Primary brain cancer hardly spread in central nervous system, which causes to the death from abandoned growth of cells in the limited space of the brain. The primary brain tumor consist of some forms likes ependymoma, glioblastoma multiforme, mixed gliomas, oligoastrocytomas, germ cell tumor, pineal region tumor, medulloblastoma, retinoblastoma, neuroblastoma etc.
- Secondary Brain Tumor - The secondary brain tumor originate from cancers cells. The secondary brain cell consist of cancer cells which can spread in the brain from the another part of the body. It is differ than primary brain cell. It is a metastatic brain tumor. The tumor cells arrive in the brain through the blood stream.
Causes of Brain Tumor
- The tumor cell destroy the brain cell which cause to the swelling of brain high pressure in the brain.
- Some genetical inheritance condition also causes to the growth of brain tumor.
- Vinyl chloride is a cancer causing substance which also causes to the brain tumor.
- The genetic conditions like mutations and deletions of tumor suppressor genes are responsible for the brain tumor.
- The people who works in manufacturing industry and chemical plats they have high risk of brain tumor.
Symptoms of Brain Tumor
- Changes in personality and mood.
- Double vision problem
- Difficulties in speech
- Balance problem
- Disturbances in normal flow of electricity in the brain that is seizures.
- Changes in behavior.
- Problem in hearing.
- Memory loss.
Diagnosis of Brain Tumor
Diagnosis of brain tumor depends on which type and location of the tumor in the brain.
- The diagnosis of brain tumor take place through the scanning technique likes CT and MRI scan. These technique help to find the exact location of tumor in brain on which treatment is depend. It also help to know the level of brain tumor.
- Electrophysiological exams means EEG help in diagnosis of brain tumor.
- Myelogram, Biopsy, Myelogram, Angiogram techniques also help in diagnosis of brain tumor.
Treatment for Brain Tumor
The treatment is depends on the type and size of brain tumor. The treatment include the many therapies and medication.
- The surgery is important in primary brain tumor. Surgery is done in many cases of brain tumor which is done by radiation therapy. In some cases the tumor may be removed but in some several cases the removal of brain tumor is unable because it depends on the type and location of tumor.
- In treatment of brain tumor different types of therapies are involves like surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy.
- The early diagnosis of brain tumor has a chance of to remove the complete brain tumor.
- Craniotomy is a treatment which is done by opening the skull. Some complications are done in craniotomy treatment which causes to the bleeding, swelling and brain tissue damage.
- Immunotherapy heal to searching ah destroying the cancer cell.
- Corticosteroids medicine help to treat the primary brain tumor to reduce the brain swelling.
- Histamine help to control stress ulcers.
- Side effects of radiation therapy.
- Brain tumor affects to the hearing loss.
- It causes to the any part of the body and causes to the weakness.
- Brain tumor causes to the increases pressure in the body and causes to the headaches.
Do you like this Story?