Mostly, Reyes Syndrome is occurred in children. This disease is attack any children, teenager or sometime on adult. Reye's syndrome is really very danger. Reye's syndrome is mainly affected on brain and liver. This disease is discovered by Dr R. Douglas Reye. Therefore this disease is known as Reye's Syndrome. Mostly, this disease is occurred during you can suffered from flu and chickenpox. Reye's syndrome is related with nervous system winch is rare disease. This disease is very harmful for brain.
Causes of Reye's Syndrome
- Reye's syndrome is caused by damage of cellular mitochondria.
- Over use of aspirin for children and teenager.
- Aspirin is closely related with Reye's syndrome. Excess use of Aspirin is also cause of reye's syndrome.
- These disease is caused by fatty liver and swelling of brain.
- Sometimes, contact of herbicides insecticides, and paint thinner are also causes of Reye's syndrome.
Symptoms of Reye's Syndrome
There are two stages are occurred in Reye's syndrome:
Symptoms of Reye's disease in first stage
- Loss of energy
Symptoms of Reye's disease in second stage
- Personality changes
- Irritability, violent behavior
- weakness in arms and legs.
Diagnosis of Reye's Syndrome
- Liver blood test is used for Reye's syndrome diagnosis. Low level of sugar is present in Reye's syndrome.
- Liver function test is useful for measures level of enzymes.
- Serum ammonia test and Liver biopsy are good test for Reye's syndrome.
- Reye's disease is tested by CT scan and MRI scan.
- Lumber puncture is one of the technique of diagnosis for Reye's syndrome.
Treatment for Reye's Syndrome
Treatment for Reye's syndrome is carried out normally in hospital.
- Treatment of Reye's disease may be consisting some medicines such as Steroid, Glucose etc.
- Breathing machine is also helpful during deep coma.
- Corticosteroids medicine is used for reducing swelling of brain in Reye's syndrome.
- Charcoal hemoperfusion is also used for common illness of Reye's syndrome.
- Insulin is also used for increased level of sugar metabolism in Reye's syndrome.
Preventions for Reye's disease
Prevention of Reye's is very important in Reye's syndrome;
- Avoid giving Aspirin in case of children. This is good prevention for Reye's disease.
- During chickenpox and other viral illness such as influenza, you can use of acetaminophen, ibuprofen instead of aspirin for relieving pain.