Post-Polio Syndrome is one type of nerve disorder. Post-Polio Syndrome is also called as just PPS. Polio is occurred at a young age may experience sure not on time effects of the disease many years later, this condition is called Post Polio Syndrome.
Causes of Post-Polio Syndrome
- Polio virus is attacked on nerve cell, this is main cause of Post-Polio Syndrome.
- Viral infection is main cause of Post-Polio Syndrome.
- Metabolic as well as mitochondria disorder is also responsible for Post-Polio Syndrome.
What are the symptoms of Post-Polio Syndrome?
There are various symptoms occurred in Post-Polio Syndrome;
- Weakness in muscle
- Joint pain
- Problem in breathing and swelling
- Cold temperature
- Speech difficulty
- Disorder in sleep
Diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome
- Medical history plays an important role in diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome.
- MRI scan and CT scan are also useful in detection of Post-Polio Syndrome.
- Sometimes, blood test is also used in diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome.
- Post-Polio Syndrome is also tested by electromyography technique and study of nerves is also helpful in diagnosis of PPS.
How can treat Post-Polio Syndrome?
Treatment of Post-Polio Syndrome is mainly depend upon the signs and symptoms of this disease;
- In treatment of PPM, you can use of some medicines like aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Physical therapy is play an essential role in treatment of Post-Polio Syndrome.
- Muscle relaxant is used in treatment of PPS which is affects skeletal muscle function and reduces the muscle tone.
- For developing speech in Post-Polio Syndrome, speech therapy can helpful.
- Some Strengthening exercises are also essential in treatment of Post-Polio Syndrome.
- For managing Post-Polio Syndrome, you can use of energy conservation process by using some physical activity.