Shorly, Myasthenia Gravis is called as MG. This is one type of constant autoimmune disorder. Weakness of muscle is most important sign of Myasthenia Gravis. Rarely, this disease may arise in more than one member of the similar family. Myasthenia Gravis mainly attacks to the immune system of the body.
Types of Myasthenia Gravis
There are several following types of MG;
- Ocular myasthenia gravis - This type of MG includes weakness in eye muscles.
- Transient neonatal MG - It is caused by circulation of mother's antibodies.
- Congenital myasthenia gravis - It is inherited MG which is developes after birth.
- Generalized myasthenia gravis - It includes weakness in arm or hand,leg and trunk.
Causes of Myasthenia Gravis
Actually, Causes of Myasthenia Gravis are unknown;
- Block of antibodies or abnormal antibodies is the main cause of Myasthenia Gravis.
- Myasthenia Gravis is as well caused by Abnormal thymus gland which is very essential part of immune system.
- Stop working of contact of your nerves and muscles is the major reason of myasthenia gravis.
What are the symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis?
Symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis in includes;
- Weakness in arm, legs and neck
- Emotional stress
- Drooping of eyelids
- Double vision
- Changing facial appearance
- Difficulty in speech
- Complexity in chewing
- Breathing complication
Diagnosis of Myasthenia Gravis
There are several test available for diagnosis of Myasthenia Gravis;
- Physical examination is basic test for diagnosis of Myasthenia gravis.
- Diagnosis of Myasthenia gravis is also carried out by Edrophonium test.
- Blood test is also essential in diagnosis of myasthenia gravis. A particular blood test can distinguish the occurrence of immune antibodies in immune system for diagnosis of myasthenia gravis.
- Several Pulmonary function tests are as well essential for diagnosis of myasthenia gravis.
- CT scan and MRI scan is also essential for detecting Myasthenia gravis.
Treatment for Myasthenia Gravis
- Myasthenia gravis is treated medically through some curing mediator like cholinesterase inhibitors or immune suppressants.
- In treatment of Mysthenia gravis, Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors can recover muscle function in MG disorder.
- Sometimes, surgical treatment for removing thymos gland is carried out for improoving symptoms of MG.
- Plasmapheresis therapy is also essential for treating myasthenia gravis disease.