Mainly, Whiplash is mainly related to neck pain. Whiplash of the neck is caused by any sudden spontaneous forced movement of the head any directions which resulting bounce back of the head or neck in the reverse direction. As a result there are injuries to the surrounding tissues of the neck or head. Whiplash are also occurs in vehicle accidents, sporting actions and physical attack. An injury to the neck caused by sudden forward or backward direction movements, quick start or stop action of sliding down from the slope.
What are the causes of Whiplash?
Actually, exact cause of whiplash is unidentified. But, some symptoms of neck are dangerous for whiplash;
- Any sport injuries may be cause of whiplash.
- Whiplash is also caused by chronics stain or stress.
- Injuries of the child's brain or spinal cord are as well reason of whiplash.
Sign or symptoms of Whiplash
There are several signs or symptoms of whiplash;
- Neck pain
- Neck swelling
- Tenderness along neck
- Muscle contraction
- Difficulty in moving neck
- Pain shooting from neck into arm
- Shoulder pain
Methods of diagnosis for Whiplash
Medical history and physical check up are play an important role in diagnosis of whiplash.
- In most cases of whiplash, X-rays are very helpful in diagnosis of this disease. In that treatment x-ray of neck is very important for determing whiplash.
- Many doctors are detected whiplash from symptoms of patients.
- CT scan and MRI scan are also useful tests for diagnosis of whiplash.
Treatments of Whiplash
Medical care is very important in treatment of whiplash. Regrettably, a large number of treatments for whiplash can not be tested to conclude their efficiency. Frequently the early treatment for whiplash is soft cervical collar. Aim of soft cervical collar is to decrease the variety of motion of the neck and to avoid any other injuries.
- Generally, treatments of whiplash are depends upon the symptoms of this disease.
- You can also taking some medicines like acetaminophen for pain release or ibuprofen for anti-inflammatory action.
- Apply ice on the neck for 20 minutes by placing towel in skin for pain relief.
- Whiplash is also cured by regular exercise and physical therapy.