How to improve the closeness and intimacy of your relationship?Tweet
You can maintain closeness and intimacy in your relations by showing each other respect, talking with each other and spending time jointly. If each couple could preserve closeness and intimacy they felt when they began dating and were first married the divorce rate would considerably drop and might be as disappear.
What is closeness and intimacy?
- Closeness: We all have an inborn need to be close to an important person.But sometimes the very thing we need is the reverse of what we contain. Some of us subconsciously damage the relationships we need because of our worry of closeness, because of our incapability to engage in the weak dance of closeness. Others keep away from closeness altogether because the pain of past failures is too great.
- Intimacy: intimacy, physical and emotional closeness, is difficult to find the way our way through. It takes skill, hard work and promise. It is not a easy, once you know how. But true intimacy is difficult to achieve, but the best gifts are easy to obtain?. We surely no expert on how to maintain and nurture closeness or intimacy.
How to improve the closeness and intimacy in a relationship?
7 things that will definitely improve the closeness and intimacy in a relationship.
- Dishonesty and Silence: Intimacy wants honesty and openness. It is important that you always honest and openness with your partner, parent or with anybody. To be close to an important person, we need to be able to share what is true and real about us and we must be ready to hear someone else's truth. Silence, it is really a bat thing, if you not share any thing with anybody, how they will understand. Sometimes we think that it is best to not say anything at all if it means it may hurt our partner. So please ignore this silence because there is no opportunity for the relationship to grow with integrity.
- Lack of trust: Sometimes there is no dishonesty in the relationship, but still a lack of trust exists. Maybe healthy trust has never been a part of your life. For healthy and good relationships you need to trust someone on the present actions of a person.
- Desire to change people: True intimacy requires acceptance. Having acceptance of yourself and your partner is a powerful indicator of love. Sometime you avoid your partner means you you have to like everything, but you need to let go of the need to change another person. You are trying to improve that person as per your desire. To change any person, first understand the person and then give a proper advice and make a changes in that person.
- Inability to express your needs and feelings: You can do any thing for your partner but it is also important that to express your needs and feelings. For intimacy it is important.
- Not listening: Communication is a two-way street. Many of us have no problem talking, but listening poses more of a challenge. Listening requires us to hear our partners with our heart. An added step to listening is acknowledging what we have heard. Are you really hearing your partner’s feelings and needs.
- Lack of respect: Chances are if you not have respect for your partner, your intimate life almost certainly suffers. To respect means you hold a high opinion and highly value yourself or another person Your appreciate and consideration show that you have respect for that person. The closeness of intimacy needs a general feeling of respect for self and your partner. It also means you need to behave in a way that deserves respect.
- Unhealthy Arguments: All couples have disagreements. The intimacy in your relationship will undergo if you let your arguments get out of hand. Angry words, unsettled arguments and imposing emotional and physical pain will destroy intimacy. Couples that are close, learn how to respectfully and healthily resolve their arguments.
Sometimes crying or laughing
are the only options left,
and laughing feels better right now.
Self Help Leaflets
Take the help of our self help leaflets or booklets.
The DG Magazine
All about living with depression
Succeed in Relationships
- Four reasons to break up with your girlfriend
- Three reasons to break up with your boyfriend
- Practical advice for marrying into a military family
- 10 ways to build a good relationship
- Ways to boost self-esteem after a break up
- What are the signs of emotional spousal abuse?
- How to forgive your cheating husband
- Why did your husband have an affair?
- Talking about commitment
- How to be a good girlfriend
- How to be a good boyfriend
- How to adjust to moving in together
- Do you need a marital separation?
- 10 bad ideas she'll hate
- Tips on breaking up
- What is emotional infidelity?
- Advice for managing a long distance relationship
- How to improve your self confidence in a relationship
- How to read body language: attraction and flirting
- Life after committing adultery
- How to read female body language
- How, and when, to date your ex-boyfriend
- Romantic gift basket ideas for her
- Dating strategies for the shy
- How to work out differences before you get married
- Making the decision to live together
- Identify and deal with a power struggle
- How to read male body language
- How to meet people in bars and clubs
- How to get invitations to parties
- Dealing with a jealous husband
- How to break up with someone kindly and honestly
- How to apologize creatively
- Should you forgive your spouse for an affair?
- How to make over your man
- How to handle emotions after a spouse's death
- How to deal with an angry ex boyfriend
- Why some people avoid touch and affection
- How to comfort someone after a miscarriage
- Designing the perfect music mix for a road trip with your boyfriend
- How to get along with your neighbors
- Getting over a broken romance
- Dealing with an insecure man
- Personal relationship tips: how to deal with an angry ex husband
- Why do spouses cheat and can cheating be prevented?
- How to look more macho or masculine
- Polyamory and polygamy
- The people you should keep up a relationship with
- How to manage anger toward a loved one
- Making it work
- How to maintain lifelong friendships
- 10 tips for a good relationship
- 5 communication problems to avoid with a spouse
- 5 communication strategies to use with a spouse
- Tips for building a good long term relationship
- Five things never to discuss on a first date
- How to encourage your spouse
- How to confront a friend
- I'm not attracted to my husband
- Improving a loving relationship
- How to get a girlfriend you'll really love
- What to do if you're being abused
- 5 reasons to stay single
- 5 places to find a mate
- 5 ways to meet new people
- 10 hard questions for men to ask before having children
- How to avoid turning other people off
- How to rebuild intimacy after a breakup
- How to confront a friend who you suspect has a drinking problem
- How to cheer up after a breakup: moving on
- Is your spouse or partner cheating?
- How to tell if your husband is cheating
- How to tell if your girlfriend is cheating
- Should you take back a cheating boyfriend?
- Should we live together?
- Infidelity and trust
- Cheating online through internet relationships
- How to keep your relationship alive
- The importance of frequent visits
- How to get your spouse or partner to open up
- 5 simple home feng shui tips for relationships
- Is he too controlling?
- How to tell if your spouse is cheating
- Dating after divorce
- Are you ready to get married?
- How much time is healthy for us to spend together?
- If your differences cause problems
- How to improve the closeness and intimacy of your relationship
- How to have an inexpensive date
- Reminding your husband of your anniversary
- Feng shui tips: encouraging love
- How to learn from a break-up
- Tips for celebrating valentine's day with the one you love
- Tips for meeting a boyfriends mother
- How to make a serious online relationship work
- How to deal with a relationship with a workaholic
- All about the psychology of eye contact and how it relates to attraction
- How to end a relationship
- When to end a relationship
- Relationships and emotional intimacy: how to get closer to someone
- Things not to tell a guy you want to marry
- How to draw out a shy person
- Is online flirting considered cheating?
- Gift ideas for your online relationship
- How to have a healthy argument
- How to rebuild trust in a broken relationship
Long Distance Relationships
- Long distance relationship advice
- Long distance relationship tips
- Making relationships work long distance
- Do long distance relationships work? | Long distance relationships, can they work?
- Keeping in touch with long-distance friends
- Advice on nurturing long term friendships
- How to Choose the Best Romantic Partner?